Suicidal

Posted , 10 users are following.

Need permission to die.  Please?.......Anyone?

2 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Maimi5, I need more to work on than 'I need permission to die'. That is not going to happen unless someone is really sick and cruel.

What has led you to this conclusion that there are no other valid options?

I am a mental health nurse who has battled depression since I was 4 years old. As a child, I had attempted suicide 3 times by the age of 13 - and they were serious attempts - and I have come close many times since. But once the depression has lifted, I am bloody grateful I did not go through with it. I have saved lives, and I have been with people when they have passed on.

I am practical about things, and believe me, after 12 years of mental health nursing, it's been many years since I was shocked.

• Posted

patricia44773 is talking a lot of sense, as is justbeingme2.

You are not going to get permssion to end your life on this forum, and I am pretty sure you knew that when you posted on here. However, I am sure that between us, we can help you get through this and come out the other side. Justbeingme2 made a good point, are you in the US or Britain? It really has a huge bearing on the advice and support that is on offer and how you go about getting it - obviously separate from on this page. I can also promise that no matter how bleak and dreadful it seems right now, it is worth coming out of the other side, believe me, I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt myself numerous times, and helped others do it numerous times as well, and they would all say the same as me.

• Posted

I don't know if you are in the US or not but you need to go to the emergency room NOW! Call the samaritans or 211 if in the US or suicidal help line! You need to get help now please!
  • Posted

You won't find anyone here to give you permission, but you will find plenty of people who have felt like you do right now....and even people who are feeling the same at this moment.

The decision to take your life is yours and yours alone love.  But I don't think you are in any fit state to make that decision right now, do you?  Sometimes it is necessary to step back and let things ride, to wait a while and perhaps seek some professional help.

Will you tell us more please?  Could you explain why you want to die and what help you have at the moment.

I will be waiting for your reply, so please, please reply soon.  Thank you.

Pat xxxxxxx

• Posted

Don't do it! You need to get some help, try ringing the Samaritans or 999 if you are in the UK. We've all been there, some of us quite recently. In my case, I've been up and own for the past seven months and then, out of the blue, I woke up feeling optimistic and almost happy. The pills actually worked! Hang in there - please
  • Posted

im sorry but why do you think anyone in there right mind would tell you its ok to commit suicide apart from the legal reprecussions ? ive thought about it but ive sought help and im glad i did as i didnt realise how many people cared for me ! listen to others on here and get help for your self !good luck

• Posted

Just wondering how you are.  If you see this, will you just send us a word or two.

Patxxxx

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies and kind words.  Means a lot to me right now.  As you can see, I'm still here, wishing I wasn't.  I live in the UK.  Have gone from one traumatic event to another throughout my adult life.  I am 50 now.  Too much suffering.  Too many emotions.   Just can't cope anymore. Sorry.
    • Posted

We are here to listen, if it helps to share.

I am in th UK too.

Pat

• Posted

Mami5, I've sent you a private message, have a good read through it and I'm pretty sure it will help. You will be okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.