I had two auras in the one day followed two days later by nerve problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I had a two migraines in one day both times with auras.  Two days later I had nerve problems with my legs - it felt as though there was water running down them but nothing there.  Since then I have been having electric shock feelings and stabbing feelings in my muscles.  Been to out of hours doc today but he said this could still be from the migraine.  Im a bit worried as I have had Guillian Barre Syndrome in the past and hope its nothing to do with that.  Has anyone else suffered nerve damage for as long as 10 days later?  thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne-Marie,

its hard are to say because I don't know what that syndrome is?

i have migraines which last 10 days, usually one aura in the middle and I have MS so have symptoms from that too, what symptoms did you have from the syndrome and did you get rid of it? 

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah thanks for your reply. The syndrome I have had twice is a neurological auto immune syndrome where the immune system attacks the myelin sheaths around the nerve endings.  I also had a brain scan and lumber puncture when they were checking for MS years later on when I was having problems again and they thought it may have returned again and attacked the brain or it was MS.  This only showed an anomoly on the right hand side of the brain and the lumber puncture was clear.  This was all quite some time ago and although i do occasionally get strange sensations when I have been overworked or ill I have nothing that has lasted this length of time.   It certainly feels like some sort of attack at times, I get really tired, sick feeling, pins and needles and feel as if my blood pressure plummets but when I got checked today it was high and has never been high not through any of my illnesses or pregnancies.  It did come down a  bit before I left but still not to what it normally is.  I am finding I cant do anything like driving or walking the dog without symptons starting.

Anne-Marie

• Posted

Wow that does sound exactly like MS!! It must be so frustrating being unsure what it is exactly, my MRI and lumber puncture confirmed MS, I hope someone else can help you with this 😊
    • Posted

Thanks Sarah yes its very frustrating. GBS was confirmed years ago through the original lumbar puncture but no answers for other things.  Hopefully it will just pass and I will just need to be careful and no stress or trying to be supermum lol! Take care smile

• Posted

Yes but no stress is impossible in this day and age 😁

let me know how things go on Anne-Marie 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.