Pmr, prednisone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am still in a flare....2 weeks @10 mg...neck pain still bad.

Should I go to 15 for a couple of days?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathy, when I had a flare pre Christmas 2014, I went up to 10mgs and it definitely took longer for the flare to really be brought under control than it did when I was diagnosed and given 15mgs. Are the PMR symtoms diminishing at all, even slightly day by day? Or us there not really any change n PMR symptoms? Regards, christina 
    • Posted

Kathy, if the pain is subsiding I would be tempted to stick it out. Around the reduction period our bodies are very vulnerable hence the advise to take things easy and not over do it throughout that time. Hopefully the pain will deminish still further and you will begin to feel better. Regards, christina 
    • Posted

Appreciate the pep talk...will wait it out. It is the fatigue, as much as the pain,

that saps my resolve. Thanks!

• Posted

And bear in mind it could be a spasmed muscle problem causing the neck pain - VERY GENTLE physio or massage might help and, above all, have a go with Bowen therapy if you can find a therapist locally.

The fatigue is not going to be helped by pred - that is rest and pacing on your part. Google the spoons theory by Christina Miseriando.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.