4 months on flu and woke up crying this morning..???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had 5 or 6 good weeks. Not back to my normal but better with the occ bad day. Last week was a pretty stressful week for me. I'm not sure if it's the anxiety but today I woke up depressed and mind going wild. So frustrated. Im pregnant and don't want to up or even be on the meds. Not sure if it's just my hormones but I just want to lay in bed and cry sad has anyone had this happen this far into treatment?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicole

I still have days like that... not knowing if I'm getting better or worse.

I am not pregnant though!

I cannot begin to imagine how you are coping.

I'm so happy that you have been having good times, I suppose that there would have to be days that are bad.

Don't despair...

You will get stronger...

Don't "up" unless the doctor is 100% in favour. It seems to work for me, but I may be eating those words in a few weeks!

Take care and keep talking!

• Posted

Thank you. I'm just so scared because I feel like this again. I just want to cry. I thought I was getting better but now I'm not so sure.
    • Posted

Quite a few of us on here have experienced "flat" feelings days.

I had a string of those and "upped". I felt better almost immediately.

Being pregnant I'm sure, brings a whole extra set of emotional swings and you need to be 100% sure what is doing what to you before the next step.

It is easy for people to say "give it time"... but... you need to what is best for you both right now and that could be one way or the other.

I don't suppose that has really helped, but between you and the doctor, you will need a plan that suits your situation. Don't leave it many days if this persists before you go see the doc.

• Posted

Thank you I'm calling to make an appt today because I have had the flat days and this seems worse. I feel like I'm starting all over so I'm not sure if it could be anxiety. I had a miscarriage at 5 1/2 months two years ago and now I'm pregnant. This wasn't planned and I had to have the anatomy scan last Friday so my nerves were bad anyways.
    • Posted

Bless you! No wonder you are suffering from the extra anxiety.

I find going for a walk, for no reason other than to look at the things around me helps.

Somewhere different, with no pressure of having to be anywhere else, just something for me.

It seems simple, but it works as long as I go with an open mind.

Good luck..

• Posted

Hi, Nicole. I'm 5 1/2 months in and I'm still having ups and downs. Some days crying and some days flat or numb feeling. Then I have good days and a couple of days when I actually felt normal.  This last week has not been very good, but overall I'm improving. Keep us informed on your progress, sweetie.
    • Posted

Thanks Karen.

It's an awful thing to go through and wouldn't wish it on anyone sad I pray often and don't understand why this is happening. I have no reason to have depression. I'm pregnant also so I'm assuming some could be hormone related. I have an appt tomorrow and I'm going to set up counseling. It really gets to me like this morning when I was freaking out worrying it's never going to go away when yesterday I was feeling okay. Prayers for you also, both of us relief.

• Posted

I pray often, too, and it does help me. Even when I don't feel His presence, I know in my mind He's with me because He said it. Depression makes it really hard to sense God's presence. I know what you mean about feeling pretty good one day or week and then regressing the next.  Being pregnant, I'm sure, doesn't help with the increased hormones floating around. I will certainly pray for you, too. Let us know how your appointment goes.
    • Posted

I will pray for you too. I've been on the same dose from the very beginning. So I figured I would be good by now and over the ups and downs. I guess I just worry it's not normal since I've been good about 6 weeks.
    • Posted

I'm gonna just keep hanging in there. I think Katecogs said it took her 4 months to even start to  feel better, I started on 20mg for 11wks,. and went up to 40mg now for almost 11 weeks. Have you been "good" like in normal for 6 weeks?
    • Posted

When you were on the 20mg for 11 was you better? For the last 6 weeks I've been okay like not thinking about it 24/7 and being able to work and not worry. I was not back to my normal but wasn't no where near how I was. sad
    • Posted

I also have been only taking 5 mg and last time I went through a episode which was more of intrusive thoughts not depression was when I had the traumatic marriage. I was on 10 mg for 3 months and back to normal. I've never had "severe depression" like this. I don't even know where it came from. I guess I was hoping it would be the same as last time and I would be back to normal by now. Last time I was better in 6 weeks and had not a care in the world. This time the Prozac hasn't worked as well. I feel like I'm tired constantly and forget things and just spaced. sad a lot could be due to the pregnancy also.
    • Posted

This time seems worse for me, too.. I also got better quicker the last time. I don't know how to take that.

I got some better on 20mg, but decided to go up. 

• Posted

Yea I'm really sensitive to meds and since I was pregnant I was trying to start out at half the dose I took before thinking it would help but I'm thinking after my appt I'll go up to 10 mg. I guess I just worry of getting worse. I also am scared of post partum depression being awful since I'm so bad already.
    • Posted

Hopefully by the time you have the baby, you will be back to your normal self.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.