Update with photos

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I said at the start of my journey I would update and post photos, I feel this is an important part of our journey that not everyone can see. I hope this helps anyone with worries or concerns

stitches were removed yesterday, my right foot had the largest bunion, all looks great, I was fortunate to have the surgeon in the room as stitches were being removed. He was extremely pleased how the op had went, he would like me to wear a toe separator to stop the big toe drifting over again, this is not a major concern. The left foot, I was shocked at first at how much the big toe was over corrected,this also has hammertoe correction  Dr explained wearing a simple compression sock will help this and is not a problem. I wore it yesterday evening and I can see a difference already. I'm really pleased and so was my dr. He even said I may....may start gentle jogging in September!! Massive news lol so strange having un bandaged feet, Im so nervouse, i have to still non weight bear for another 4 weeks, and wear those lovely shoes!,,  But that's fine by me. I want a good steady recovery all be it boring lol, so I never thought I'd be one posting my pics and feeling very happy. But I am. Overall I have to say it's been an easier journey than I thought. I hope yours is too. X

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Great to hear you are recovering well. Keep resting and ice treatment and above all be patient.
    • Posted

thank you smab. Yes resting and icing is a must x 
  • Posted

This is great news, my dr said 2 weeks non weight bearing, i have 1 more to go,it is very boring , but im hoping for great end result
    • Posted

Bev I too was told 2 weeks non weight bearing, I was surprised feet were not re dressed and then another  4 weeks of non weight bearing! Oh well must be done! Good luck with yours and if possible take photos. X
    • Posted

Im wondering when dr. Will say its safe to drive, since its my right foot
  • Posted

Good progress and good to hear positive comments, it's such a relief to have the bandages off.  I will be interested to see how your second toe heals as my third toe was pinned and now I have a dimpled scar across its base!  I dont think it's mended properly but have to wait a month to have it checked again.  My big toe was over compensated and it is gradually becoming closer to the second toe, it's lovely and straight though.  One thing I'm finding so different with my recovery and others here, my bandages off at three weeks, pin out at four weeks and then just a sandal, no more wedge shoe, was told to just start walking on my foot!  But I only did what I could, walking around house at first.
    • Posted

Massive relief  to have the bandages off Barbara! It was heaven!  Yes I'm going to keep an eye on my toe with pin, it looked miss sharpen and very odd, but a small cross to bare for no pain hopefully. I'm just so so nervous now as my comfort blanket of bandages has gone!!! ARRGGHHH lol 
  • Posted

Thanks for the pic's. Ive read reviews that said some people cant even wear a sneaker comfortably for too long after 6 months. Hope its not true
    • Posted

Im 1 month post op on my right foot my toe dont tuch the floor
  • Posted

Thanks for the photos.  I am one week postoperative and get my stitches out on Tuesday.  Have been diligent with icing and elevation. Not much discomfort now, but am getting impatient with sitting, lying around.  This blog has been so helpful with what I can expect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.