bulbar palsy in 3yr old - new diagnosis.. Any advice?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello my three year old has just been diagnosed with isolated bulbar palsy. I'm trying to understand what the implications are, can anyone help me with this? His main symptoms are lack of tongue movement, meaning problems with some speech, messy eating as slow swallowing and can't 'tidy' with his food and most significantly constant drooling. Any advice, or shared experiences would be much appreciated  - feel very alone 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Anna 

I am fighting with a movement disorder myself , for a while I woke up with my right arm and leg constantly shaking, my arm though was the worst! I recently made changes to my diet eating 80% organic steamed or raw vegetables as well as fruit, stopped eating sugar , cakes and pies, which I love . I've also aliminated dairy products like milk cheese, no packaged foods no chicken no beef, just fish and omega three supplements, I have seen a tremendous change in the way I feel and when I wake up in the morning very little shaking ! This diet I've only been on for a week now I was told that it's the best thing for movement disorders..... And that I should stay on it until disorder goes away! Which could take sometime ! Now I said all that to suggest that maybe something in your child's diet is causing problems with his health, I am no expert , but I've raised four kids and know how frustrating it can be when it comes to their health and well being ! I pray that you find the answers that you seek! And hopefully soon! GOD SPEED AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS!

• Posted

Thanks Walter - I know diet can make a huge difference in cases like this. I do hope you continue to see improvements 
  • Posted

No problem Anna...... Since I've changed what I put in my body I have seen a tremendous  Change in my condition it's been hard because I never knew that I was addicted to junk foods and sugar especially .... I looked up your child's Dis-ease and I strongly believe that if you alkaline his body and eliminate junk foods as much of it as you can ! In weeks you'll see a big change in him ! Again God bless and God speed !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.