Post-op scar looks AWFUL!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a hydrocelectomy a few days ago and it looks like i have a 2 inch scar (50.8 mm) and it looks like a zig-zag almost like a giant zipper with the stitches in.

Will this always be visible or will it eventually be barely noticeable to a future partner? It looks so gross I barely even want to look at it and it's on my body!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had 2 of them done within 6 months each time the incision looked pretty bad I was concerned like you but they got much much better over time. Im about 6 months post op and they are not that noticeable but obviously you are going to have some scaring whenever you have a surgery.
  • Posted

Hi.  I hadn't paid it any notice so I looked now.  There's no evidence of a scar.  It's been 4 months post-op for me and I had a huge 4" cut.

Usually, the doc will make the incision toward the bottom of the scrotum and the folds of skin do a good job of hiding it.

• Posted

I am 9 months post op.  No serious scar left...but there is some very mild sensitivity if anything rubs against it.  Nothing to worry about.
  • Posted

Thanks guys for your responses, it relaxes me to know that it won't be so bad. I think if anyone looked at it now they would run in horror since it looks like a monster took a bite out of my nuts.
  • Edited

I had Hydrocele surgery 6 days ago. it was on my left testicle but the surgeon cut in the middle of my scrotum from the base of pines to the bottom of scrotum which about 4 inches. and every video I have watched the surgeon makes incision on the of the testicle that has the problem. and she sewed me like thick sausage. she didn't even tried to tied up the stitching.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.