come off rispiridone and feel awful

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I came off my last dose of rispiridone 6 days ago and feel rotten, upset stomach, feel sick, sweating and insomnia. When will feel better? It has taken me 10 weeks to taper off.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi louise, I am sorry you are going through such a difficult experience. I have never been on risperidone, but I web browsed and found a good page for you to look at.

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/06/23/risperdal-risperidone-withdrawal-symptoms-how-long-do-they-last/

It looks like it will take around three months, and it seems like you withdrew more quickly that the site author recommends.

Best of luck with it.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer

Am drinking lots of fluids and fruit and omega 3 nuts. I will check out the website. Still got insomnia, but felt a bit easier today, day 11. Thanks

• Posted

Hi Jennifer

That web page is excellent, many thanks. All those people were going through what I am going through!

• Posted

Louise I was glad to hear you were feeling better. It's a tough life sometimes, eh? I hope you do well off the drug, or as well as you were doing on it. I know people sometimes withdraw because of the weight gain. And I do know some people hear voices without really worrying about it, and without using meds. Take good care darling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.