What to expect

Posted , 4 users are following.

Long story so will be brief, have posted on heart forum already this week but need help now starting medication. Basically am being tested for blocked arteries, the reason is that I have severe constant chest pain so GP not sure whether GERD or heart related. Have had ECG's, X Ray, Bloods. Blood Pressure etc all normal apart from as mentioned in my previous post my stress ECG showed heart cramping. GP said I was low risk and lots of females have this due to breasts being in the way and once I have a CT scan it will probably be negative. Derek kindly pointed me to websites which shows this as a reason for pnegative tests, which calmed me a little. Anyway I have been put on Bisoprolol 1.25mg for 30 days to bring down heat rate so that test will be clearer. I am presuming as my blood pressure is anything from 124 - 160 (when in ER) not sure about bottom reading - I am not taking them for blood pressure problems so do not need them long term. The reason for post is first 2 days no symptoms, today I have had the most horrendous headache and feel dizzy, all symptoms I know, but do these symptons go. My palpitations and pain have not been reduced in any way and what on earth is going to happen when I just stop after 30 days once I have had this test. I don wonder whether they are causing more damage than good if it turns out I am ok after all.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Trust me youngatheart dont mess about some side effects from bisopradol are idious.get to see your gp if you having chest pains go to a&e look at my posts i left it late nearly did me under hospital i am on a rake of meds also 5mg of bisop but with the other meds i feel ok .when i was just on 1.25 of bisop like you i felt rubbish so you may need another med to balance it out .what ever is wrong with you dont leave it i can speak from experience it wont mend itself and get better on its own.my own swing brick went down to working at 20% awaiting cardioversion also blood thinning meds need to be doing its job.sorry itz long winded but lots left out tried to be concise good luck
  • Posted

Personally, youngatheart, have heard of only one person who can tolerate bisoprolol.  This medication seems to be notorious for giving chest pain, breathlessness, extreme fatigue, dizzyness, depression, etc. Can you ask your doctor for a different medication?  Again, speaking personally, I find propanolol easy to tolerate. I wsh you well,
  • Posted

I have been taking Bisopradol for about a month with no noticable side effects. Actually stopped my angina.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.