Bowen Technique

Posted , 5 users are following.

i went yesterday to the English lady here in Florida who does the Bowen therapy.  She was trained in Austrailia and England before moving to the States some 15 years ago. 

It was an interesting two hours.  The first hour we talked about my condition and how she came to study Bowen and the second part was Bowen.  It's rather strange to me but I believe it works.  Today I was filled with energy that didn't let up.  I am not 100% perfect in the pain dept. But not too bad at all and it comes and goes.

if this works for me I'm coming over there to give Lodger a hug😀 or  maybe she'd rather  have a bottle of the "monk juice"

Audrey

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Audrey

ARE you the lady who posted you had to call ambulance you were so I'll? I have been watching to see how she is.

i live in the Ohio near Youngstown and sure wish someone here did the Bowen Therapy.

Also  I have been trying to get the booklet PMR  patients wrote and the CD

but when I register to get on the site it says wrong phone number. Oh, course because it's foreign to English numbers.

Any suggestions how I can purchase them? 

I really like this site.i broke my ankle 10/30/14 and in March of this year

PMR hit . I suffered through the pain until last Friday when I went to a Rhumatologist and am on Prednisone. He said 20 a day but I am doing 15 as some suggested on here. I do my housework but at a slower pace and over several days, as I don't want to sit down and not get up again.

in other words not give in to this disease !

• Posted

I have sent you a personal message with the email address for ordering the DVD and booklet, and also their website.  Can't post them here as they will go AWOL for a while for moderating.
    • Posted

Hi bmd,

i went to Bowen Therapist this morning and inquired for you about a Bowen Therapist in your area.  My therapists name is Cheryl Hiller and she suggested that you call a Therapist/instructor Gene Hummel in Barberton, Ohio and possibly his office could put u in touch with someone.  She also said he is a bit abrupt but very good at what he does.  But you wouldn't be going to him anyway, you would just be wanting a referral.  

I don't know what I saw before but I can't find it now.  Sorry about that.

hope it works out for you.

Audrey

• Posted

Audrey,

thank you you and your therapist very much. Baberton is one hour  West of us. I will call him in the morning about Bowen.

i am SO glad  to have found this site.

will keep you posted.

bmd

• Posted

Hi bmd

i sent you a lengthy response but it came back to me because I incuded the lady's email address who helped me with the purchase of the DVD and pamphlets.  I would contact her for you but I don't know how to get your email address.  I'm sure there is a way around this and later today whe I have more time I'll figure it out or maybe someone else can let us know.

there were two ladies who helped me Mavis and Margaret.  I also have the web site for ordering which doesn't ask for a phone number and I may be able to walk you through that.

yes, I am the lady who went to the hospital in an ambulance.

i will also check with my Bowen therapist next week to see if she can locate someone in your area.  Youngstown is a large city, right?  This lady is strictly Bowen but there may be massage therapists who do the Bowen technique

she told me when she came here from the UK she had to train as a massage therapist before they would license her to practice Bowen.  It cost her $10,000 to go through the training for something she will never use.  So that may be why there are not many around 

I will get this straightened out just give me a day.

i started on 20 mg. and have been up and down twice.  Have learned a lot from our UK friends and hopefully we'll both get a handle on this.

keep in touch

Audrey

• Posted

Hello again,

the closest Bowen Therapist to Youngstown (I googled it) is 35 miles away in Rowena.  I don't know your situation but it may be worth the trip.  According to my therapist you may only need to go twice and then every once in awhile to do a follow up.

ill get the DVD info later

• Posted

Hello,

been under the the weather lately, but wanted to let you know I have never Heard of  Rowena,Oh 35 miles from Youngstown,oh

bmd

• Posted

Will look it up again.  Maybe I misspelled it. 

I go again tomorrow for my Bowen.  I'll ask the therapist if she knows someone near Youngstown.

Audrey

• Posted

Hi it's me again, again,

i emailed the lady Margaret who helped me with DVD purchase and told her where to fine you on this discussion.  I'm sure she will get back to you.

now I really have to go but didn't want to keep you hanging.

Audrey

• Posted

You can always send private message with anything in it  including links and email addresses to the specific person - click on the silver envelope under the name and avatar for a post by the person you want to contact. Then you write a post just like any other except it can only be seen by that person.
  • Posted

Hi bmd,

i think the best way we can deal with PMR is not to focus on the long haul but deal with it one day at a time and as it has been mentioned before to pace ourselves.  

Just a thought.

Have the best day possible.

Audrey

• Posted

Great advice, Audrey, and when one of those days turns out to be a 'good' day, best to make sure not to overdo things just because you feel you can as PMR has a nasty habit of coming back to bite as a result.  I wish everyone lots of 'good' days ahead.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.