omeprazole side effects eyes and mental

Posted , 5 users are following.

Still experincing side effects from 2 capsules of this poison

Ive had a lot of side effects: burning eyes double vision brain fog heart flutters eyebrow loss anxiety sinus issues constipation mental changes

My mental health seems to have changed a lot almost like im dissconnected from life i noticed this as the brain fog came on with strong headaches

Can all this happen from 2 pills even my eyes were knocked out of position from it they have returned to normal but bad vision still present

Does anyone have an idea on how omeprazole effects brain and eyes? Seems to be my issue

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Vision and mental problems are documented side effects of Omeprazole. See this link http://www.drugs.com/sfx/omeprazole-side-effects.html. Doctors prescribe this drug like sweeties and though I accept that it can be necessary it often isn't. If you have an ulcer or need to protect your stomach from nsaids then, yes. If it's for hiatus hernia and general acid reflux, there are other ways to tackle that, through change of diet. Can I ask why you are taking it and what dose?
    • Posted

It was from use of nsaids I was given this stuff.
  • Posted

Hi james7564

mmmm all i can say my mother was given these and stopped her much needed other medication drom working properly, she was deteriating before my eyes, i looke up the mixture of the omeprazole and her other meds and it said will interfere with her other lne working, i took her down her dsoctors and she looked it up on screen and said oh yes so it does, needless to say she was told to stop them emmediatley  to which replied i already have. Took her a good fortnight to begin to feel normal again. As for you questkion about your eyesight well 

http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/medicinesideeffects.aspx?condition=Indigestion%20and%20excess%20acid&medicine=omeprazole, read the endless side affects of these lethal tablets. theres a possibilty my comment wont be alloweed to go through though!

Sue

• Posted

Hello James, Im sorry you had a terrible side effects from these pills. I too have lost my eyebrows & eyelashes ,which is awful being a woman, also had the brain fog/blurred eyes & wonkey vision as if I were on a boat. .Also severe anxiety,& dizziness.I have been on these pills for 15 years and have now changed to Lansoprazole . It has taken 3 months for the Omeprazole  to get out of my system, but the anxiety is still there & I am receiving cognitive therapy to help.I have spent £600 on tests(private)eg MRI scan  as at first I didnt know what was causing my problems , I have had these problemns for over 3 years.The tablets should be banned. 
    • Posted

That is terrible, I to have had an mri on brain and blood test which came back normal. Has your vision improved? Was the brain fog you had intense? I only took 2 capsules yet it feels like ive taken lethal drugs
  • Posted

Hi james yes my vision has improved ,I wear glasses for walking outdoors as my optician says I have a muscle imbalance in the eye, I dont know if this was caused by these pills. I had bad vision for about 2 years but im ok now.The brain fog was intense,& it waas hard to desribe the symtoms to a doctor , everything was fuzzy & i was disorianted & could not think straight.Its the anxiety which is bothering me know ,as it has gone onto Agrophobia. ( I use to travel the world ,but now im frightend to even walk around the shops. 

I wish you welll very soon .kind regards

• Posted

Sounds real bad, the brain fog i had Made me feel like being alive was a curse. My vision has improved but still feels a bit uneasy also my eyes keep watering and feeling irritated its been 8 weeks since I took the 2 capsules.

I also kept pacing around and felt so much anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.