i lost my girlfriend in may this year and i am depressed for 2 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

i feel like taking all my tablets so i can be with her side by side but i cant i have my son so i need help with counseling please can some one help me

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

hi Paul 

im sorry to hear about your recent loss.  Have you been offered counselling and do you have family and friends to help you through this rough time?

• Posted

not yet they said its to eary for that but i need it now i have things in my head saying take all my tablets
  • Posted

If you are considering taking all your tablets, it seems you must have been to your doctor for help.  Did you tell him/her how you were feeling?  I am sure that there would be plenty of help for you during this terrible time.  Would you consider going back to ask for more help?

Your precious son must be a great comfort to you right now, please don't do anything to leave him without a parent. 

Things never stay the same and time is a great healer, it's such early days, please stay strong for a little longer. 

Pat

• Posted

Hi Paul,

I think how you are feeling is perfectly understandable. Sometimes I think our society better dealt with death in the past, wearing mourning clothes helped others look after us when we have been bereaved.

Have you heard of Winston's Wish? It is a charity which aims to help families deal with bereavement and is particularly useful for those of us with smaller children; Their National Helpline is 08452 03 04 05.

It is a very difficult time for you and it is good that you are asking for the help you need.

All the best.

• Posted

Hello Paul, I am so sorry for your loss.  It is very difficult to cope with bereavement and with a young son to look after as well. You owe it to your son to be there for him, he needs you. Bereavement counselling is a good idea as it will help to release your emotions. It is still early days and bereavement is a processs to go through. I don't know how old your girlfriend was. I suffered the loss of my husband when he was 28 and i was 29, i was left with 2 small children to bring up. It was my girls that got me through, they helped me to heal the pain. Your girlfriend would want you to continue with your life and be there for your son. Please don't take an overdose, it will cause untold pain to leave your precious son behind. My husband killed himself under a train and we live with that, it never heals that he rejected us all. My life was hard we lost our home as well. I have forgiven him but we will never forget. I hope you think long and hard about your life, it can and will get better. You will never forget your girlfriend but things will become easier.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

all i need is some one to talk to face to face
    • Posted

I know there are waiting lists for counselling so have you a trusted friend you could talk to, unfortunately we cannot do this on the forum here. If you get stuck or want to pm me i will try to help.
  • Posted

HI to Paul and Elisabeth...

I so, so wish more than anything else that...I could wave a magic wand and make your lives happy again....your posts really touched me, you both have great courage and strength, you will be an inspiration for many others..

Paul, I so feel for you...please never give up..you are both in my thoughts and prayers...I hope that life brings both you and you son, also..the same to Elisabeth.and your children....great peace and true happiness and fulfilment....

Big sincere, warm hugs to you both...DEIRDRE xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Paul, my deepest sympathy and condolances go out to you in such a tough time. I went through a period of utter desperation after my partner was raped and I was on the brink of ending it all. In my hour of need I made a phonecall to the samaritans and they were amazing. It is no long term councelling solution, but to speak to someone who will listen and give you a short term way of being able to mentally process how you are feeling gives you a lifeline to cling onto. After 6 months of councelling and medication treatment my life is back on track. I would put their number into your mobile and if you ever feel this way then please give them a call.

I wish you and Elizabeth all the best and know that life does go on and things do get better. You can still live a fulfilling life and you will take great pride in watching your son grow up into a beautiful man.

Luke

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.