So depressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I am suffering really bad atm, i feel like there is no joy in the world and have nobody to talk to who understands i always feel extremely ill and in pain can depression make you this ill?

Any help appruciated

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're feeling this way.

I have felt and continue to feel exactly the same way as you are feeling right now. Depression can make you feel this; its truly horrible and half the time we feel no one else understands. It may not be much help but feel free to private message me at any time; sometimes it helps to be able to talk to someone who is experiencing the same so does truly understand smile

• Posted

Yes it can hold on and try really hard to be positive I know it's hard. Seek help or phone the samaritans x
  • Posted

Hi, Kev...I know exactly how you feel because I have had a lifetime feeling that way.  The answer to your question is a resounded "YES", depression CAN and does make you sick.  Have you been checked out by a doctor with blood tests, hormone tests, etc. to see if your serotone levels are ok...If not, I urge you to do that and then get back to us, please...we are here to help...God bless.
    • Posted

Hi Carole,

No they havnt done any tests like that as such just given me to types of meds and like therapy but i actually feel so ill that i feel i should be at hospital all the time pain three neck chest shoulders when i breathe sick and tired all the time struggle to get to the local shops etc

• Posted

Thank you for getting back to me, Kev....Usually the things that you worry about most never really come true and never hurt you.  I have so many symptoms from my depression but I'm trying to take one day at a time and not worry about tomorrow...It's very hard to do, but I've been anxiety ridden my whole life, so I'm very used to pain....How old are you, sweetie, if you don't mind my asking...My goal is to stop all the young people from going through years of what i have endured...At 67 yrs of age, I'm still trying to hide my restlessness from others...We can wear a smile and be dying on the inside...Keep in touch, and I can get you years of experience to get through the days ahead...hugs...xxx
    • Posted

Kev:  Can you tell me if you bite your fingernails or pick at your fingers...That is my worst habits..I don't drink or smoke, but I just can't quit picking at things....terrible habit...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.