Mirtazapine 30mg & Venlafaxine 75mg advice?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Im currently taking this combination for post natal depression my baby is 10 weeks old! The Venlafaxine was started alongside the Mirtazapine three weeks ago and at first my anxiety came back slightly however for two weeks now I've been feeling great and back to myself and been very happy😃 but now all of a sudden since yesterday I've been having feelings of anxiety again, having hot flushes and have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach like a churning sensation! I have been rather upset today because I've been feeling so good because I was in such a dark place a few weeks ago! And now I'm feeling like this! What should I do? Will this pass? Advice would be greatly appreciated thank you xxx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I think you need to go back and see your GP. Not a high dose your on, so maybe it needs increasing. However you have to remember, the depression doesn't just go. The meds just help you to cope with it better. Hope this helps and good luck x
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply! It's not really depression that is the problem now o don't feel depressed as such it is the anxiousness I have now! I just feel weird! Not sure if this is normal! But I've been feeling fine for the past two weeks xxx
    • Posted

Must admit I still get anxiousness and been taking the Ven for 10 years. Horrible feeling. Had cognitive therapy but that hasn't helped either. I try to keep busy which helps xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.