lansoprazole 30 mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a sliding hitias hernia and been given lansoprazole 30 mg but i have taken my second one today and feel awful .... heavy headed and moods low ... anyone have bad side effects from ths drug?? i

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I took lansoprazole 30 mg  for 4 years with no side effects. You must be unlucky, tell your doctor and see if you can get given a different kind of PPI.
  • Posted

more than the side effects, the thought of HH would give you some kind of disturbed feelings, as it was observed in some patients. please see to that you occupy yourself all the while and give no scope to negative feelings.
  • Posted

Hi, Susie7777;

I had lansoprazole to start with, but it didnt help me at all, so now I am on esomeprazole instead and that helps a bit; I have been told that my surgeon wont do the op. untill I get my Diebetes under control, which I cannot seam to do; as the throyid tablets that I have to have will-not let me lose any weight, even though I hardly eat much these days for fear of a hernia attack, for which the only way I can cope is to lay down on my left side for a while, this helps, but of-course is impossible when out; so I have also had to stop going out for meals/family partys ect; because it is too embarrising when I get the pain. Sorry I cant be of more help, but ask your Dr, about the different tablets to try. Hope you get on well with the next lot you try. Best of luck.  Linda 84156

• Posted

Hi Susie I was diagnosed just a week ago with a sliding hernia and gastritis. I am taking Omeprazole and for the first few days felt awful headache, nausea and very tired Need to take these until CT/biopsy results.

My only/main concern is that I am very constipated although on a high fibre diet - is this a result of tablets?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.