headache and head pressure face ache etc

Posted , 2 users are following.

so I've seen so mmany Dr's now and they say I suffer with migraines but I'm finding it hard to believe unfortunately I am an anxiety sufferer and health anxiety

I have a constant headache my full face feels full and heavy, the bridge of my nose feels like I have constant glasses on it feels so heavy I have blury vision and also see flashes in my eyes back of my nose feels like it's leaking fluid just constantly feels strange i get random stabbing pains also

had bloods done eye test sinuses checked all fine but the Dr won't give me an mri scan or ct scan I am determined I have a tumour or aneurysm it's scary I have a little girl and I'm pregnant! I just want to live my life but I'm struggling because of this is here anyone else like this? Or anyone with advice?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This was supposed to say bad day!
  • Posted

Migraines are awful and your description sounds very similar to how I felt.

when I was younger they were definitely hormone led but that should be less so with you being pregnant. Are you drinking enough? You need to drink a lot of water. Keep a food diary. Write in everything you eat and drink and how your head is, you might see a link.

over the years I've found I can't drink a drop of coffee or alcohol, drinking chocolate was an early one as well. I've also found things as diverse as ginger, pineapple, spices, chocolate, all trigger a migraine. At one point it was gluten. I cut out all bread, cakes, biscuits, everything with gluten for about 3 years and that seems to have cured that, I can eat bread etc again. 

The flashes you see are a typical migraine symptom, so try not to worry about it being sinister.

after your new baby arrives remember to drink lots of water, especially if you breastfeed as dehydration is a migraine trigger.

• Posted

i am very hydrated, I always drink water constantly got it with me etc I don't drink coffee or tea nothing like that

I'm going to have to write a dairy see what triggers it I can't handle them no more it's more that there making me panic and making me think it's something worse

• Posted

Maybe you can get your midwife on side? If you can talk to her, tell her how stressed the headaches make you, maybe she can suggest a scan to put your mind at rest?

Good luck, I hope you find the cause of the headaches is just food or whatever and you can relax a bit and enjoy your pregnancy.

• Posted

I will I don't see her till the 21st but she also Iisn'tvery supportive she knows about my aanxiety and when she asks how I'm feeling I tell her and she just nods

can't wait to just have the baby to be honest

• Posted

I just saw on your other post on another thread you have post nasal drip---- the feeling your nose is dripping but on your throat, sort of thing. 

Could be pollen, or other  allergy. Try breathing steam, not too hot, and give up as much dairy as possible. Shower in the evening and either wash /rinse your hair or put a wet comb or brush through it. This gets rid of any pollen off your hair, stops it going on your pillows and being breathed in all night. 

Steam am as often as possible during the day, sounds like you've fluid in your sinuses, this can also cause you to feel dizzy as it effects ears. 

• Posted

As thank you for the advice I have done some steam tonight and I'll do it in the morning as well ill also try the over stuff you've mentioned I appreciate it just want to be better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.