orlistat...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone..after many years or many failed diets I've been given orlistat from my doctor...I'm now 55 years old...and for at least the last 6 years plus I've gained weight and although I've been to many weight loss classes.have never achieved any significant weight loss . I feel a total failure. ..I wear a coat even in hot weather as I feel so awful about my weight.So I'm hoping that I will achieve the great results that everybody else seem to be getting....any help or advise would be very welcome..and good luck to you all.x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi tess . Same here hun but I'm determined this time. I feel like giving up as I don't think I'm losing anything. But imy baking myself persevere. So hang in there.and very best of luck to you too. Xx
    • Posted

Thankyou for your reply. I will keep going 5o morrow is week 4 for me.....Sunday morning had unpleasant side effect for the first time .and I knew I'd over done it... so lucky I was home and taking it as a warning.so stay on the straight and narrow from now on...Dr's for a weigh in 2 weeks .I hope I've lost enough cuz if you don't loose I think 5% fat in 3 months they don't prescribe them any more.....ANYONE ELSE KNOW THIS OR HAD THAT HAPPEN?
    • Posted

Hi I think it's 5% over 6 months hun. X
    • Posted

Thank goodness or I won't have lost enough and I don't want to stop taking them untill I reach goal ; even then I'd probably like to take them at least once a day with my min meal. ..x
    • Posted

I mean main meal.x lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.