PAE and prostatitis

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

Anyone got any advice re having a PAE if you have chronic prostatitis? Would it help or not? I have an enlarged prostate as well and have been thinking of having a PAE but wonder how that would affect the prostatitis.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if it would help with the prostatitis ,but it certainly won't make it worse and could help. It definitely should help the BPH problems. A few have not had perfect results, but there is a very high percentage of success.

i had the PAE 3 months ago and am delighted with it.

• Posted

I am thinking about doing the same thing myselk. tried alot of different things and knowthing has helped. Also have large prostate and going to a hospital here on DC/Virgina to have PAE.

Interested in hereing about your symptoms.

Lou

• Posted

Not sure which symptoms are which. Whether BPH or prostatitis. Mainly pain on urination, frequent urination, pain on ejaculation.
    • Posted

I had a TURP 2.6 years ago. Not a succesful. And VERY painful, blood, catheters. Medieval torture.

Had a PAE 5 weeks ago. Now I can pee again. No pain, no blood, no catheters, no peeing razor blades for 3 months.

Don't believe nor trust a urologogist. Vascular surgeons do the PAE

Inova Hospital Alexandria Virginia. Dr Bagla office.

• Posted

Had this issue for 20 years and now it seems when ever I exercise hard I get very bad pelvic pain and urination isses as well as back pain. I hope that PAE will help by reducing the size of the prostate. Thinking about using Dr. Bagla. He told me they had 1 guy with CPPS treated and he felt better. What treatments have you tried. I have mostly had cipro.
    • Posted

I have tried everything to cure prostatitis, including travel to China for prostate injections. That helped about 50%. How long did you take cipro? I think initially I did not take it long enough.
    • Posted

3 months on cipro, doc did prostate massage, worked for about 7-8 months. They are doing injections in NYC that I found on the net. Now that you state it did not work I can pretty much rule that therapy out.

I was hospitalized and had surgery for kidney stones. That doc wants to do TURP but I think it may not work, putting aside the risk factors. I thing that PAE might help, don't see much downside. Glad to have found someone who knows the pain this condition causes. Last resort would be prostectomy. I'm in late 60s but still very concerned about ED Ect

• Posted

not sure if there are 2 problems CPPS and chronic prostatitis. Who can tell? I had pelvic massage done in the UK and and the Dr (prof) thought that CPPS was my problem. I am having PAE done on August 12th. The least of the invasive procedures. The urologists generally don't tell the truth about the ocnsequences of ALL their surgical procedures.
    • Posted

We are still in Stone Age with diagnostic and treatment of this condition. I will not likely get PAE before you and am very interested

In how you do and if it helps you with CP pain. All these conditions are done by differential diagnosis. That is basically a guess of what is wrong with you. Now off of coffee and liquor and no spicy foods. Have you tried any diets.

• Posted

I drink one coffee a day (real coffee) and drink wine. I eat the Paleo diet which is the diet humans should eat. You only have to do it for two weeks to prove to oneself that it is how we should eat. With all the supplements sales and marketing going on nowadays it is very satisfying to do something and see and feel the results.
    • Posted

Advise no TURP!!!!

Advise PAE

I have had both.

PAE a piece of cake compared to TURP.

Urologists want your money period. 

PAE done by vascular surgeons not urologists.

• Posted

Whitebeach,

Did you go through with the PAE procedure you had scheduled? If so, what was the outcome?

• Posted

Hi How did your PAE go?

I had a Urolift for BPH on 14th August but have ended up with Prostatitis symptoms; 

Thanks

Mike

• Posted

Excellent results with my PAE.

Would do it again in a heart beat.

• Posted

Hi Whitebeach,

You said you are in the UK. Could I ask, have you had any prostate massage and what treatments have you found helped?

There seems a lack of people to help here.

I would appreciate any advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.