if its not one thing its another ..fed up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Got the all clear frrrom adrenal insufficiency two weeks ago after being on steroids for three years..then rushed to hospital in ambulance last week as i collapsedd diagnosis divertculitis given iv three lots of antibiotics for nine days and morphine for pain..dr says will be fine after antibiotics due to go back to work next week but cant get out of bed duue to pain from posts ive read looks like drwas telling porkies ..told to go on high fibre diet and discharged ..what happens next ..hellp

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello. don't panic .We all do at first. Best to eat sloppy stuff for about a week, to

let your internals get better. you will feel better eventually, but watch what you eat.

Go to Divi Diners forum, lots of advice from fellow sufferers.

• Posted

Oh gosh where to begin, so sorry to hear you've been so very ill.  If it was me I would give your body a complete break and only have liquids for 2-4 days - hard but your digestive system needs to rest.    You also need to start taking probiotics with as many millions as you can afford/get in each tablet.  When you start eating again you need to have I think what we all call the white / grey diet e.g. no fibre (or as low as possible) with as little sugar as possible.  Drink lots of water/liquids and eat this diet probably until you feel better.  I'm lots of others on here will also give you feedback based on each individuals situation but hopefully this is a start.
  • Posted

It is suggested after a bout in hopsital you should just have clear fluids for awhile. I have been in hospital 4 times and am at present trying to do something about my condition. All that I tell you has helped as I have been good now for 7 weeks. Firstly you need to drink lots of water,at least a litre a day in winter and two in summer. You need to have a high fibre diet to have regular bowel movements daily. High fibre foods such as weatbix and ryvitas and grainy breads are great. You need to avoid foods such as bananas as they bind you up, but you can limit the amount you eat of them as I have tried. Other foods not to eat are onion, garlic,broccoli, and cauliflower.You can introduce theses foods a little to see how much pain you get at times. I have been working under a dietician for help and these foods are what she told me to avoid. I also go to an acupuncturist to help me to relax. He has given me some medication as well as a good probiotic which have helped. Relaxation is a must for the body to help your bowel relax. Hot water bottles help for mild pain to the stomach and bowel. There are things you can do to help your condition rather than go through a bowel operation or end up with a bag. Think possitive and try everything you can to help as I have done. I also take pure alovera juice daily with some liquid chlorophill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.