suicidle

Posted , 4 users are following.

still looking for hope, in fairness i have given it a good go, trying to evaluate how precious life is ? for me its null n void, have no family that understand me alive, an all my friends hav moved on, have no dependencies, life is going to be a continuas struggle, housing, work, struggling to survive etc, physically i'm A+ healthy nothing to complain about, although cant help wonder if the government wud be up for culling voluntry suicidle ppl, i wud fit well in that bracet

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michael

You need to get some help.  Of course life is worth living.  I have been waiting for the day when my anxiety shifted and believe it or not it happened this morning.  I woke up for the first time with no anxiety, I'm not saying now I am up that a little anxiety is not there but for once I woke up naturally with no adrenelin rushign around my body.  Hang on in there and are you on meds, Im on metazapine. 

• Posted

hi Joyce, im on citalopram 20mg, have been for over a year, i will admit i feel they take the harsheness or edge of things away, i hav a fantastic support worker and doctor, however i still feel every morning i somehow wish i died thru my sleeep,
    • Posted

Hi Michael

Sometimes its easy to wish you never wake up and sometimes I am so tired I just want to sleep but I think of the plusses of my life.  No one said it would be easy but I was married to a lovely man (now dead) I have two lovely daughters and one grandaughter who would suffer if I gave in and I know,  sincerely know, that it will get better.  I look at some people with their terrible illnesses and think how lucky I am and my porblems are so small compared to some.  I have lived a truly blessed life from where I came from.  Take a look at the world with open eyes Michael and please please dont give up.  I think perhaps you meds are too low and a trip to your GP is probably necessary.  "0mg is not a very high dose.  Love Joyce xx

• Posted

im awaiting an appointment with a psychiatrist, i belive my medication will b chosen then, mean while, just battlin on..... recieved a doctors letter today, which will be usefull,
    • Posted

Michael im on 150mg of Sertoline, i was on Citranoplan before. It worked for me but like Joyce said its a low doseage and its very effective in the short term in dealing with the major problems by taking the edge of the darkness that comes over you 
  • Posted

Michael uu r nor alone just cos u have no family everyone struggles with everything these days ive been ill for ten years been secctiond ten years ago and am now on the road to recovery every person born is worth their weight in gold no matter how low you feel reach out to someone try helplines someone will listen to you..you would be missed ..take care god bless be strong and you can get through their is hope xx
  • Posted

Hi Michael,

really sorry to hear that you are so low my friend. Its difficult to know what somebody is going through. Id just like to share a few things if i may?

sadly, on fathers day, a friend of mine committed suicide, as you can imagine it was an awful shock as on the surface he had everything to live for. He gave no indication he was going to do it but at the time sent his wife a texg that simply said 'bye' and he was gone. He was found later in his car.

the reason im telling you this my friend, at his funeral, the crematorium was packed, full of people , family and friends and ex colleagues also. Such a lot of people turned up to send him on. Now when he was alive, he hardly saw anyone, i would see him maybe twice a year. 

What im trying to say is that, often we dont perceive ourselves as others see us and if my friend could have seen the love that was poured out onnthat day, he would never have done what he did. In other words, YOU as a person matter to others more than what you think you do. Please dont make the mistake of thinking that nobody cares or loves you.

therre may be someone you pass in the street every day and you may jot notice them but they may notice you, they may like you and just seeing you makes their day. 

Just try and think to yourself, you are important and its not always about what we get in our lives but the impact we can have on somebody elses life.

the first thing I would reccomend you do is go to your GP. Now that sounds probably very wishy washy but trust me, if you are feeling depressed then you need to get some help. 

Trust me  i have seen the difference in my own life. In my situation, there were quite a lot of factors,that at the time i was not doagnosed with but when I started to suffer with depression, and it was inly mild compared to others, it was intolerable, i was so demotivated, felt so low, couldnt be bothered doing anything and if i wasnt such a coward, i think i woukd have seriously wanted to end it all. Medication isnt necessarily the answer, but they can be a very useful tool whilst you get treatment. They can make the difference between life and death, but they arent a substitute for getting sorted out and well again.

mental issues such as delression is actually an illness, and as such if you dont get treatment you can literally die in some circumstances as a consequence of suicide.

please rule out the idea of suicide my friend, it is not the answer, where there is life there is hope, thats ho cliche. Tonight when i came home, i went past some fields with wonderful pinky red poppies, the whole field was ablaze with red. I stopped to take some pictures, so lively.

maybe get yourself out and walk in the countryside, join a group of something you are interested in, good way to meet someone who has the same interests. Mate you have everything to live for. I dont know you, but one thing I do know and firmly believe, it doesnt matter who you are rich, poor whatever YOU matter! Please think about that and if you dont believe me then why do you think i am going to the trouble to encourage you mybfriend? Because i think you are important, i have never met you hut it doesnt matter. I recognise the pain in your words.

Please try and take on board what i have said, please dont do anything rash, talk to someone, even a complete stranger.

take care, Chris

• Posted

hi Chris, many thanks for ur kind words, part of it is relevant and all of it is thought provoking and encouraging.

kind regards, mike

• Posted

Hi Mike,

yes its hard to know what to say but even though i dont know you pal, we just all have to try and do our little bit and hopefully make a difference.

its so easy to judge people on what they say and do and most of the time we know nothing of the situation. 

I know myself if someone upsets me, even someone i dont know xan ruin your day but on the other hand if you smile and say hello to someone it can be very uplifting.

anyway, I really hope you can get some help or treatment for your condition mate, like i say, if you ever feel really low, you can sound off here mate.

take care buddy,

chris

• Posted

Hi Michael just checking in with you I hope you are ok.  Have you been to doctor yet?

Joyce x

• Posted

my next gp appointment early next month, how ever am awaiting an appointment for physcatrist, an many thanks for your message smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.