Fever like symptoms

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I am male and 50 years old

When I am laying down I begin to have a fever. I start to sweat a lot and if I am in bed with my partner, my body is so hot that she has to get up, if I am asleep, and go in the other room. It as been known for this process to raise the temp' in the room by 2 degrees within 45mins. As soon as I get up, within half an hour, I am fine. As anyone got any clue what is going on.

Many thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin, you might want to check with your doctor as you could possibly have a thyroid problem, although of course i am not a doctor.  Not very helpful I know, but get it checked out - I would.  Gill
    • Posted

Hi

Many thanks for your time, I have an appointment with my doctor soon, just wanted to know whether other people have had any of these symptoms

Once again, many thanks

• Posted

Well, I didn't really help but let me know how you got on at the doctors, hope all is well, I'm sure it's just one of those irritating things we have to go through as we get older, or thyroid-related, which is easily treated, but best to get it checked.  Good luck, Gill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.