relationship issues - Living with PCOS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anyone has any adivse with general PCOS and relationships and how the two come together.

I have been with my partner 4 years and 2 years ago I found out I have PCOS which at the time didnt seem much of a big deal (i have been pregnant before but miscarried) as I was young I was 19 when i found out (now 21) I think only recently i've felt the seriousness of PCOS and living with it in a relationship as me and my partner have always wanted a big family this was always something we wanted but recently my partner has come to me and told me that he doesn't know how to feel about everything we have been having unprotected sex for our whole relationship and never conveived a child and I think he is finding this hard to deal with as a family is what he wants from life which is also what I want from life and unfortunately im not given the luxery to up sticks and move onto somehitng better or a better chance at having a family this is something im stuck with and I understand better than anyone that it would be unfair for me to make someone give up there dreams in life just because I can't provide that, and I refuse to be the reason someone is unhappy or that someone hasnt lived there life the way they wanted and die unhappy does any one have any advise anything at all right now would be a great help. 

PS - Sorry for any typos

Thanks ladies (and gentlemen)

Kirsty xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Darling it is easy for me to say don't worry but it's a different thing for you to do! But really - poly cystic ovaries runs in my family, my mum and my aunt both have it... My mum had 3 fab daughters (I'm a bit biased being one of them) and my aunt had 2 daughters. What's more is that my aunt had them aged 40+, which is risky even without having an ovarian condition! I also have poly cystic ovaries and I have been advised to freeze my eggs by a doctor, is it worth looking into this for you? I'm only 20 myself too, it's weird worrying about fertility for me when I'm not even thinking about having babies yet! My mum did have a lot of miscarriages before having me and my sisters, but then my parents had IVF with my big sister and me and my other sis came naturally. There are soooo many options! Even if freezing your eggs/IVF don't work you can adopt as well, but it probably won't even come to that! Just look at my aunt!! Hope you feel better about your situation soon.

Lucy

X

• Posted

Hi Lucy 

Thank you so much for sharing this! Has really made me feel better about the situation!! I just feel my doctors never really tell me whats happening I don't know how bad or not bad my ovaries are they just fob me off all the time! 

Take care xx

• Posted

Yeah from time to time doctors can be a little bit insensitive, like my doctor told me when I was 19 and still a uni student that I should be having children ASAP, as in his words "you wouldn't make a cake with eggs that have been in the box for too long"... But they have to be pretty blunt in their line of work I suppose! But really don't worry about a thing, worrying only makes the matter worse! Good luck xx
    • Posted

I have Pcos been ttc for 10 months my doc told me any one with pcos still have around 40% of chance of getting pregnant naturally.

I have also seen a fertility clinic and have had some hormone bloods don't to see if I ovulate. If I need some extra help from what I have seen on here I will be giving some med to help my ovulation.

Also my husband has had his swimmers tested as there's always a chance it can be the man too!

But please don't feel you can't be with someone because of pcos it's very very commen and you still have a big chance of having a family.

It's just a little harder but not impossible xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.