MRI scan results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i dont know if what i am about to ask will come under this forum or not any advice or info will be much appreciated.

Basically i have had an MRI scan taken on my brain due to an accident where a 12 foot high by 12 foot wide fence fell on me and hit me in the head i had been suffering with headaches for a while before this and seem to get more frequent since the accident the MRI scan was taken i went to get the results from the scan and it says the following "deep white matter abnormal in the frontal lobes" and states there are lesions. The doctor has informed me that is not caused by the accident. The doctor said i dont have any skull fractures and it doesnt show any bleeds which i am happy about but after discussing the results with a neurologist the neurologist said they need to see me and investigate further. I am now really worrying about these results. Does anyone know what these results mean? Or has anyone been told the same? Or something similar?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Coral, may i ask how old you are? There are many reasons as to why white matter can be abnormal. You will definitely need further investigations. The other thing is its soooo easy to totally freak yourself out by finding out about things on the net when its possibly not the case. So i suggest you speak to the neurologist. have a list of questions to ask so you dont forget anything you want to know smile
    • Posted

Hi i am 29, i think when its any other part of your body you sort of deal with it but when results come back as abnormal and its your brain which is a vital part of the body i have panicked
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean smile. I had an operation last year to have my pituitary gland removed. The pituitary gland sits right below the brain. It was scary but i came thru it all just fine. I dont want to give you any ideas of what could cause problems with white matter, or what could cause lesions as it can be something really simple and no problem at all. Wait and see what the neurologist has to say. As long as your not having trouble walking, talking or remembering things I wouldnt worry smile

• Posted

Thank you for the advise i appreciate it. The only symptoms i have noticed is i seem to be really tired all the time and never used to be and on 5 separate ocassions i have gone really dizzy and sweating then all of a sudden my legs have given way on me and i have collapsed. I havent gone unconscious on any of the ocassions but it has taken around 10-20 mins for me to be able to stand up. My 6 year old son has seen it happen everytime and got very upset. Ive mentioned it to 2 clinicians but they didnt really seem to bother 1 said oh i see and then when onto something else and the other said thats strange didnt bat an eyelid
  • Posted

Do you mind me asking how old you are . It must have been an awful time for you and very stressful
    • Posted

I am 29, i an worrying as i actually thought it would just say normal not abnormal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.