I've had a little lump on back of my head for about 3 months. What should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 19 year old guy. I've had some kind of a lump on top left side of the back of my head for about 3 months. It is about a size and shape of a bean or something. When I touch it, I sometimes don't feel anything, but sometimes it feels numb, itchy or even burns. A few times when it got irritated my whole left side of head hurted (not so much, but it did). Sometimes also my right side of head is a bit tender to touch. I also felt some pain behind my eye. I went to my doctor and she said it might be a pinched nerve or something, but she said she doesn't know what could it be. I've had some pressing matters with school so I didn't have time to go to a neurologist. I am planning to go to neurologist next week, but I am very scared. I've read about temporal arteritis and occipital neuralgia, and some other scary diseases, can someone tell me what could this be, please?

P.S I didn't know which group to select, so |'ve selected headache.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If your doctor does not know what it could be then she should be sending you for tests. It might well be neurological.... but it could also be a circulatory issue, or an ongoing infection of some kind. Either way, this has been going on FAR too long. If your doctor has instigated further invesigation.... then please attend. You can change appointment times and dates with no problems.
  • Posted

I would suggest if you are having pain behind your eyes go an have a full eye test as the optician can see the nerves behind the eyes which connect to the brain and they will be able to see if there is any swelling. Your eyes can tell you alot about your brain. My friend recently got diagnoised with a rare brain disorder and that was just down to suffering with headaches she had an eye test and thats how they found it. I agree if your doctor is unsure then further investigation is needed better to be safe than sorry. Fingers crossed yours is nothing serious. You do need to keep your appointment. I have had an MRI scan recently which shows deep white matter abnormal in the frontal lobes my doctor has referred me to a neurologist because they are unsure what has caused the changes in the brain. I am really worried but no matter what i am attending the appointment

Hope you get some answers soon and try not to worry i know its hard take care

• Posted

Hi Stefan48366

I am sorry to  hear how you are suffering but my pain is completley different as I am suffering from Cluster Headaches and I can say not as a doctor it is not them.

Hope you get sorted soon but keep on at your GP

Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.