Holiday Shoes for Me !!!! Primark House Slippers

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ten weeks post op and still cant get my foot into any shoe or trainer, cant have anything even touching my toes, i was getting worried about foot wear as i am going on holiday in three weeks... i know they are not glam... but i really dont care.. i found these slip on so so soft house slippers from Primark.. but still the fabric touching my toes hurt... so idea... cut the toe out.. omg they are so soft and comfortable... and there is not pressure any where, i know i am not ready for any shoe yet because my toes are so stiff and swollen but these are perfect... for my £2.00 i have finally found something that will get me to the airport, holiday and home... yes i have bought quite a few because i dont like dirty shoes and these will get dirty quickly... yes i know not the look to dress up with but i really dont care what they look like, they are my shoes for the two weeks i am there... thank you Primark x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

ps.... i have just cut another pair, and fabric glued the edges under you would not even know they had been cut... they are also very cooling with the toes out... as they are like a cotton inside.  This may not appeal to everyone but i hope i might had give someone a quick solution for emgergency footwear until they are ready for proper shoes/trainers x
  • Posted

Hi gilleegreen. I will be heading for Primark the next time I am in Town. I am going on holiday to stay with family and these look perfect for wearing in the house instead of big chunky trainers. 
    • Posted

hi Christine, thanks for reply.... ohooo i am so glad i have helped someone, believe me  you wont be disappointed its like have sort cotton wool round your feet, i have had two feet done at one and hammer toe correction... so the thought of trying to wear any trainer is out the window... so also ideal for wearing on the plane, once the toes are cut they are even abit more roomy so room for swelling too, hope these bring you comfort and have a lovely holiday x
    • Posted

What a brilliant idea, they look so soft.  I've managed to get through summer with Teva sandals, it's like walking in bare feet, with supportive sole.  Look out for them online or maybe go to Blacks where I found mine.  I don't like the colour but like you style isn't my priority. At home I'm walking around in bare feet!  But then I tend to do that anyway in the summer, in the garden I wear some very loose crocks.

BUT. can I please advise you to wear compression socks when you fly.  If your feet are already swollen they are going to be so much worse during and after the flight.  It will also help to prevent DVT.  You can buy them in boots or other travel type shops. I flew forabout an hour just one month ago, and made sure I wore them.  My doctor said no flying probably, meaning long haul flying, for six months after the op.  So I'm definitely leaving that holiday for another three months, as I don't want DVT.  

I had bunion op on 31 March, and my foot still gets swollen, so annoying, having to keep it raised when I'm not active.  I guess it's the hot weather too.   Hope you have a great holiday, those shoes look so comfy, think I'll go get some myself.

• Posted

hi barbara... thanks for reply.. yes i am like you i normally walk around the house with no shoes, but it seemed to make me feet quite sore so wearing these has helped.. i was just so worried with going on holiday and getting to and from the airports... but once i am there i am only resting, to be honest with you i dont want to go, but we are going in a group and i dont want to let anyone down, my flight is two and half hours as its only to spain, we were going to india but that flights 11 hours and too much at this stage, do you think i will be ok on 2.5 flight, as the DVT has scared me abit... and having the two feet done too i feel abit concerned, i will for sure get the socks, are they easy to get on because i really can not stand anything touching my toes at the moment because of the sensitivity, i think i will also see my GP this week and ask him about the flying, i am in enough discomfort i would not like to have to deal with the DVT too.... i am glad you liked the slipper lol... i have a few pair here that i am going to customised for my holiday not that it will make any difference a house slipper is an house slipper but it will make me feel abit better and i will have a look at the shoe you have mentioned i am going online as soon as i finish on here... my partner is away working at the moment so i am off work getting plenty of rest still and just hope in the next three weeks when i am due to go i can see some improvement with the swelling and soreness, and heres to a better summer for us both next year x
    • Posted

hi barbara  i have just seen this Teva shoe, i really like this design and i can see how light weight they must be... i am going to order a pair because this is what i will wear until my feet sort themselves out, thank you for the info.. dont you just love this site... x

• Posted

The socks are quite tight, bit like those you wear in hospital during operation but once on they sort of support your foot, to be honest I think I'd wear them all the time but it's too hot in summer.  Your doctor will probably tell you the same, he could prescribe some for you that might be softer.  They're not like wearing tight leather shoes, your toes can move in them.  I think the trio to Spain will be fine, but make sure you keep your feet moving whilst sitting, I mean do cixular movements and stretches.  If you can get up for a walk on the plane.  I think an aisle seat is best.  Also if you find walking difficult you can organise/ ask for mobility help and they take you to the plane on an electric buggy.  Brilliant at gatwick for me.

here are my sandals, as you can see my left foot/ankle is swollen, but the shoes have Velcro fasteners, which means adjustment whenever needed.

• Posted

PS I also use a walking stick, it really helps my foot get less tired.  I have one that collapses into four and is bright pinky mauve, so old lady like hee hee.
    • Posted

thank you barbara for all your advice i will be taking it all onboard as to speak and def getting the socks.. i will also be doing the movements on the plane.. i really like these shoes, and they look so nice on you, i must say your feet are so straight... they look lovely, infact i have just seen your shoe on ebay and really like them too... another order i think lol, thanks once again barbara for also taking the time to show me your shoe everything i read and see on here is such a help big thanks x
    • Posted

i do find a stick does help i must admit, i have one here its like a mary poppins umbrella with a big parrot head on the top so ill prob take that with me lol x
    • Posted

Meant to have said NOT old lady like lol.  Anyway, pleased I can help.  Someone on this forum told me about Teva sandals when I was 6 weeks op, they were soooo more comfortable than that awful wedge shoe.  And I've always wore the flight compressions socks for flying, because my feet are prone to swell on the plane anyway.  Oh I also have a pair of Hotter Florence shoes for 'best'. Well they're as good as I can get into, slightly higher heel,, Velcro across toe and and instep, and supportive back.  I love your description of stick hee hee
    • Posted

cheers barbara... i never do anything normal barbara... lol ill be wearing floaty brightly coloured kaftans on my hols with big sunglasses, done up like a dogs dinner and then you get to my feet.... cut up house slippers... so typically me lol x
    • Posted

Just seen your pick of Teva sandals, you can get different types, mine are called active, and the sole is more shaped than the one you show on here. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Mine are called hurricane in Blacks and they have them in a sale reduced from £35 to £25 right now.
    • Posted

Whatever makes you comfortable.  If your not out walking, and just lazing by the pool, what more do you need than those comfy shoes you've made your ownwink
    • Posted

thank you barbara for all your help with the pics, i really like the pink, i think this is the way forward for me.... the people on this site have been such a positive help towards recovery and i am so grateful for all my advice x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.