Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? When will it end?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So yesterday I posted about withdrawing from mirtazapine & calmer was lovely to me, gave me some great advice saying that I was withdrawing too quickly & has really helped me.

Anyway I was on 30mg of mirtazapine but have been on 15mg for the past two months which was really easy. Anyway, I decided to withdraw from then and this is how I attempted it:

Thurs - took it

Fri - missed it

Sat -took it

Sun- missed it

Mon took it

Tue- missed it

Wed - took it

Thurs - missed it

Fri took it- then what's when the withdrawal symptoms kicked in- extreme fatigue, extreme nausea and flu like symptoms. So I decided to keep taking it every night since:

Sat - took it

Sun - took it

That's three nights in a row I've took it & I will continue to take it every night now. I only missed 4 tablets so I'm just wondering how long it will take for me to feel well again?

I know it's different for everybody but there must be some people who had bad withdrawal symptoms so went back on their previous dose- how long did it take you to feel better?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

its really hard so as you say its different for everyone so its always wise to do it the way you feel comfortable with i done it very slowly and found the withdrawal wasn't to bad mainly headaches and feeling light headed. best of luck whichever way you do it

• Posted

Hi Becky,

I would keep taking the 15mg every night UNTIL YOU FEEL STABLE again, take it about 8.30 - well before bedtime, and relax before youu go to bed.  I think the withdrawal is in process but you should stabilise soon.

See my message x

• Posted

My experience was somewhat similar, and I was taking the reduction even more slowly. Down from 30mg to 22.5mg (one and a half 15mg tablets) twice a week, 30mg other nights. Withdrawal symptoms hit witha vengeance 2 weeks after starting reduction, went back on 30mg. Took about 10 days to feel normal again. Hope that helps.
    • Posted

Hi Pixie

Just wondering if you are off Mirt now?  

• Posted

Hi Calmer. I'll private message you. Pixie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.