Trigeminal neuralgia /Migraine

Posted , 2 users are following.

just recently I have suffered  nerve pain numbness tingling in my cheek ear area LHS the nerve raw pain iis to the upper jaw along 3/4 teeth.. Post this I have als suffered a Migraine headache with intense pain.. I think is the blood vessels.. I drank some red wine and it stopped layed down also.. I think a bright light trigger and loud noise of me singing at the time induced the pain. The pain was unbearable.. Do I need a brain scan to check the vessels in my head.. My Mother died of a dense stroke.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, your the first person on the forum who has same symptons, I had 2 teeth removed as I thought it was my teeth causing the pain.

please keep me informed, I have tried everything nothing works, cupping has slightly helped

• Posted

I read up on it and it apparently is when a blood vessel becomes enlarged a dilates pressing on a nerve.... Ice pack I found better and rest also moving into a certain position.. Preferablably not laying on the side effected..anti inflammatory tabs like  Nerofen..  The symptoms can cause you to think it's the teeth.. Sucking ice cubes also helps.
    • Posted

that is interesting will try the ice packs, same I had 2 teeth removed what a mess

please let me know if you find anything else that relates to this

I have to say I do feel a lot of pulling in my head when I have a migraine that must be the blood vessel

scary

• Posted

I also had 2 teeth removed years ago due to tooth pain since then with doing much research about it I have found its called Atypical Ondontalgia and there really is no pain relief for it. I've had it now about 9 years. I was put on Lyric for it but it's useless.
    • Posted

I've been trying these past few weeks to get off Lyrica I've managed to get down from 400mg now to 150mg daily but not without its issues because of withdrawal symptoms surfacing as anxiety. I'm going to have to remain on thus 85mg x 2 times daily for longer than I wanted to. I tried missing one dose at bedtime the other night but the anxiety the next morning wasn't worth it.
    • Posted

Oh no, good luck with it... Keep us posted, glad I stuck to 50 g, I'm trying to wean off triptan, had a bad headache so took it,....
  • Posted

Yes is very worrying indeed! we all need to be a bit more attentive with things we know little about especially the Brain.. I have Nursed people including my Mother who had a dense strokes its severe and debilitating to say the least and not a kind condition for anyone to be in.. Mine is to do with the Blood vessles ..I am sure ..get sensations in the ear the eyes sometimes. and have had a couple of Migraine headaches in my life not many though ..the last on Saturday this week was intense and ..I had to leave where I was and what I was doing I had blurred vision like a fog some hours after..I am on Propanalol daily @ Beta Blocka /Naproxen which is an Anti-inflammatory drug. I use the ice for the nerve pain and drink Red wine which dilates the Blood Vessles ..I drink at least one glass a day with my Dinner..it helps.
  • Posted

Hi Dawn, this is really helpful, thank you so much, I will look in to this, I cannot drink alchol due to religion , however will give anything a go.

Naxporen helped a bit but not effective anymore same with proponal

if i drink wine willI get a headache never drank before.?

• Posted

not if its one small glass of red.. Purely medicinal..treat it as such! It's trial and error .. Try it!
  • Posted

Hi, How are you ?

Was wondering how your getting on

Still the same with me

Im convinced the pain killers and pregablin no longer work for me to use to my body

• Posted

But trying to get off the Pregablin isn't easy..I've been reducing it these past weeks but can't get down any lower than 150mg daily the anxiousness is terrible because lowering the dose.
    • Posted

why are you coming of it,?? mines all wierd, I was on 50mg white capsule, then recently thay gave me 100mg,red cannot take it, makes me so ill, bed ridden,I didn't take pregablin Lyrica for 1 week, my head was bad.

What will we do ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.