Bios proflol side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

hineveryone.minrecently started bisop 1.25mg daily and for first 2/12 was fine now I have joint pain and ache and walk abut like I'm 10 yrs older. Started taking it after breakfast to see if side effects disappear - they have slightly but not enough that I don't feel semi disabled. Wonder if anyone has same symptoms. Taking it for heart valve disease and it's certainly helped reduce my HR and shortness of breath

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am on 5mg once per day. Only been on it for 2 weeks and don't seem to have any

side effects. I take it at 3 in afternoon. I'll keep you posted if anything changes

• Posted

Thx. I'm going to take it abt 9pm from tomorrow to see if there's any improvement. Never even thought I'd have to play abt with timing of drugs. I'm a retired nurse who's been handing out medicines on a daily basis since I was 19 and this drug certainly would be prescribed for a early morning dose before breakfast.
  • Posted

Hi Julie

I am now on 3.75 and found I cant take it all at once.  I take 2.5 in the morning and 1.25 before I go to bed.  GP told me to be careful and maybe not take 2.5 at night in case my BP dropped too low but was happy for me to do this.  1.25 seems to be fine at night.  I was taking the  2.5 in the morning before breakfast but felt awful - listening to others on this forum I changed to after breakfast and this works for me. Hope you start to feel better

• Posted

Well I've managed to change my time to 5pm with my tea and definitely feel better. Still a bit achey but compared to not being able to walk I'm loads better. Thx to everyone who's mentioned evening doses rather than morning
  • Posted

I am still doing fine with late afternoon dose. Glad you are feeling better.
  • Posted

I was on 1.25 mg for over a year following open heart surgery. The side effects ranging from leg and foot cramps to very painful joints mainly in the knees and finally tingling in thumb and hand increased gradually.  Have only just been taken off these beta blockers as my cardiologist says i didnt need them in the first place it was only a post surgery precaution.  Only been off them just over  week but already its like a fog has been lifted from my brain and the tingling is getting less. Should I need beta blocker in the future my cardiologist says there are other drugs which can do the job.  My advice Julie is go to your doctor and tell him your symptoms. If he says your body will get used to them and the side effects will go away, challenge him on this and ask if there is an alternative you can take. I so wish I had been more forceful when my GP suggested it was all in my mind.  Didnt realise real physical pain in your joints could be all in my mind LOL. Hope you get this sorted and feel normal again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.