Silent Reflux? Bronchitis? What?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am constantly clearing mucus out of my throat (started about 2 yrs ago) but it is very mild except when I get in a routine of working out with heavy weights. I can exercise in other ways (push ups, running) and it doesn't affect me much, but within 48 hours of working out with weights it will come on and stay with me continuously if I'm working out a couple of times a week. So weird!

It also gets worse if I stay up really late or if the weather is bad.

I've thought it was bronchitis, but I've been wondering about silent reflux. Does this make sense to anyone?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking any meds at all? If so suggest you see what happens if you take a zinc supplement. Worked for me!
    • Posted

Why zinc? As a cure-all or is it supposed to help with bronchitis or reflux? I tried zinc awhile back but not for this and don't recall if it had any effect.
  • Posted

Well I went to an ENT and was diagnosed with silent reflux. He put a scope down my throat and showed me the signs of it on the screen as he was doing it. He prescribed Nexium for 60 days. I believe I will start a new thread now that I have a diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.