From depression to a personality disorder

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently been seen by the crisis intervention home treatment team, I was initially diagnosed with depression NOS by my gp then following a suicidal episode I was referred to CIHT who is been seeing for just over 2 months and have disclosed information I have never before, I am self harming on a daily basis, taking small overdoses and have moments of semi psychosis at railway stations. Yesterday I was informed they now think I have a personality disorder, and there is an 18 month waiting list to get this confirmed. I just really want to know how to help myself as much as possible because Ijust want to destroy my self. Any information on personality disorders would also be helpful from an experience point of veiw (I've already read most of what is on the internet)

Thanks in advance

Natalie

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie hope you are feeling well my son has been under the mental health team for 16 years he is 31 and at present in a mental health rehab and has been for a year to assess him it is very early days for them to be given a diagnoses and many tests need to be done as very complex just remember you are Natalie not a diagnoses as all you say about your symptoms could be due to many things so get help for the things that are affecting you at the moment you dont give your age but please dont let a label define you good luck love stay strong and focused
  • Posted

Poor you Natalie, I cant really comment on Personality disorder but my friends daughter has it and she got diagnosed by a Psychiatrist, she had to go private but she got the result instantlly and got put on meds then her gp is seeing her now and she is coping alot better on the meds than before.

I do advise that you dont read to much on it especially on the internet as I know I did once and you then get into all sorts of imaginations of what you have and what you are suffering from especially with mental health it is best to leave it with the experts. I hope this has helped a bit I know how frustrating it all is especially if this is the first time you have suffered from depression.  Try not taking small amounts of extra tablets you will feel better by not doing that and please stay away from railway stations I hope I dont come across to bossy but just trying to help you and keep you safe.  Just keep talking on this site and hopefully others will be able to help you. Good luck, and keep talking we all know what it is like with depression I have suffered from it over 30 years and still its on going but thats me not you so hopefully you will recover quickly. take care Natalie

• Posted

Thank you both, I'm 18 years old and its all a bit of a shock. I have only read an overview really because its scary enough as it is. I have suffered with recurring depression for around 4 years or so but this is the worst it has been. Unfortunately the railway is currently the only feesable route to work for me at present but I am looking into alternatives at present, and trying to think this is a positive step towards recovery however it's a bit hard at the moment
  • Posted

hope you are feeling a bit stronger today, I know you said that railway stations is the

route to work, which is ok as long as you are not thinking of jumping, just think of the driver and the people who also is waiting for the trains. I know you are only 18 but just think if you get the right diagnoses you will on your way to recovery because at least you will get the right meds to help you. You are doing well looking positive thats good, keep going and just write on here if you need someone to talk to, thinking of you

• Posted

Hello Natalie.. I recently have been diagnosed with multiple personality disorder after 10 years of suffering... My physical state is very calm and I look relaxed at times but I have out bursts of rage and anger at myself.. I don't know if you have the same but...

It feels like there is a demon in my mind but it is my own voice controlling it.. Every emotion I have thought always turns out to be me going mad as my mind is screaming at me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.