matazapine=manic episode

Posted , 2 users are following.

im just wondering if anyone else had this side effect while taking matazapine i got it the day after i took my first tablet and after every increase very uncomfortable beening in a manic epsiode heart pounding increased sense of aniexty pacing unabilty to sit still or concentrate and euphria sensation/high. rapid thoughts and talking. it lasted for at least 3 hours each time would come on out of no where and settle just as quick all be leaving my shaken. i have no family history of bi polar or suffer with it myself (well dont think i do lol) however it is known to cause mania in bi polar patients so why did it in me and hopefully some else out there so i dont feel as wierd lol thanks x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi lauren ive been on mirtazipine five months 30mg i was same started working for couple months now over past two weeks getting bad side effects hair coming out dizzy spells bad cramps im going doc to get took of them hope they help you though 
    • Posted

hi im currently having a bad time aswell sorry to here about your sides coming so late on.  my side were all in the first 2 weeks however the restless leg did carry on for abit. ive been on 30mg for 8 weeks and i did notice an increase in sedation and aniexty in the last 2 which caused me to want to come off aswell unsuccessfully i might add as i also had a bad reaction to venflaxine they tried to change me over too. so ive been put back on matazapine at a reduced dose of 15mg for almost a week now and im so ill. im having so very nasty withdrawal from just halfing the dose and the stomach cramps are unreal so if matazapine is causing you them i would be careful how you reduce to come off them if i knew id be this ill i would never allowed my doctor to so radically reduce my dose however the crisis team agrees with the doctor to stay on 15mg then go back up to my 30mg as im not allowed any other ad as i am super sensitive to them and the crisis team arent happy about me coming off as i only had a break down in march and not been stable enough in there eyes arghhh but i went on it for mainly aniexty which i dont think its been helping with at all however it did improve my mood x
  • Posted

sorry to hear that but my side effects are getting to much to deal with so im going to go docs monday and get of them i am also sensitive to these meds and the hair loss is to much i have seen lot forums with that as a side effect

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.