Acute anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on my third week of withdrawal from Effexor and today has been bad, I cannot relax, my jaw is clenched, my skin is crawling and feels itchy and I'm aware of my heart beating heavy all the time! 

Would anyone know if there is anything Herbal I could take to help me relax? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kaye

Are you in your 3rd week of total withdrawal so not had any tablets at all? I'm not liking how much I've read about it hitting people weeks after coming off it! sad

Have you tried calms? Can you not get some propanol (not sure if that's the correct spelling) but it's a gentle beta blocker that stops that awful anxious feeling and your heart from racing and feeling like it's going to beat out of your chest!

Take lots of deep breathes and just kept thinking it'll pass, can you put the radio on or a favourite album on and sing your way out of this feeling - bizarre as it sounds it helped me, it just takes the focus of how I'm feeling!

Hope you feel better soon! xx

• Posted

Hi Katy, I'm in my third week of 37.5 am and 37.5 pm from 2 x 75 Effexor SR which I've been on for 20 years ! 

I am on Propanol once a day and have been for a long time because of anxiety palpitations! 

Yes ive read about the so called delayed reactions and I'm hoping they'll give me and you a miss! 

Well off to bed shortly to listen to some gentle music and hopefully I'll drift off! 

Nighty night and thank you for your advise, K x

• Posted

Try Magnisium calm drink - you get it at the health food store.
  • Posted

Hi Kaye

I got cyclizine hydrochloride anti sickness tablets from the doctor and they are helping a lot with the side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.