Silver Lining

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi all, Wow what a day I have had, well they cancelled my operation again for the second time, as the surgeon would not do me as I am so young, well 54...and I was handed over to the most senior surgeon here in Blackpool, for an operation on 12the August, so I was going back to work, and, called them to arrange that, even though I had said to them that I am in so much pain that I just cannot do it, toughie old me, still went back on my words...My wife took the news quite badly as she is hating to see me in so much pain every day and suffering like I am, and she was a little sharp with the listings lady, as she took the phone from me.

Then just 45mins later the hospital on the phone again, yes Ian we will get you onto the surgeons list who did the first one, and that is this Friday, 30th July.

I will only believe it will be done when I wake up and it is done.

My right leg is in fine shape, and the muscle tone has returned to what it was ten years ago and my left leg is getting smaller and smaller by the day, at least I can now sleep on my right operated side, so by leaving it that week, the operation to come has really fallen into my lap, as I have a more convenient time to get to the hospital, now 11am instead of 7.15 am and I have the same surgeon doing the other side, so, I guess every cloud can have a silver lining, if we just give things a chance, and go with the flow.

Here are a few more of my favourite pics hope you like them, the park Pano is a stitch of 6 shots and shot early in the morning, it was just so lucky that there are no people in the shot as the park is always full of people, rare and so lucky to catch Stanley Park like that.

Thanks for looking in on my posting again, I will be here again later today I am sure and will be home after the second operation probably Monday or Tuesday next week.

Kindest regards to you all.  Ian.

6 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

WoW Ian

You have been through it too.

Just shows what the sharp end of a womans tongue can acheave. But yes I agree you won't beleive it is done till it is done. I can't see them not doing you thius time. not after your wife stepped in. I hope you are done tomorrow. You like me need this. Can't see how if they have done the fdirst one they can say you are too young. That is the sort of attitude I get form some of my GP's here too some of them are shocked I have already have had one done. Just shows they don't read your records too.rolleyes

Great photos Ian. Really like the first one.

• Posted

Good Lord .. Ian, that is something ... well, I believe that everything happens for a reason ...

roller coaster ride already .... love that picture - all smiles and excitement - picture perfect post cards ...

sending light, love and healing to you and your loved ones as well as the surgical team ...

renee

• Posted

A bit of a rollercoaster, Ian, I am keeping fingers and everything else crossed for you for the next 48 hours!

I am also 'young' at 52 and with a partner who was at his wits end with the pain I was in pre-op. My consultant, however, said in answer to other surgeons trying to hold off  - "What do you want, a life now or a life when you are 80? ". I have to say I still hope to be alive and kicking at 80 but won't mind if I am kicking someone from a wheelchair.

• Posted

I echo all your sentiments at 44!  My surgeon said pretty much exactly the same thing to me!!lol
  • Posted

Oh In so sorry you got cancelled again, but as you say to have the same surgeon do the second op is very good as you know him and have confidence in him and his team. I am hoping to have the same surgeon do my second op somethime don't know yet how that wiill pan out though.  I have attached a few of my pics for you to see no where near as good a photographer as you, I only have a Nikon point and shoot and do it for fun.
    • Posted

Fantastic photos Gillcat. Third one from the left. At first glance I thought it was a witches broom in the m iddle of the grass eek  cheesygrin
    • Posted

Thanks Hailea I will tell you what they aresmile  From the left:-

1. One of the Household Cavalry on their open day at Bodney Camp Norfolk.

2. This is Sylvia the Serema at Banham Zoo

3.  A view of the pond at the hide at Sandringham lovely to watch the birds.

4. Poppies on the side of the road where I live.

5.  Rhododendrons on the scenic drive at Sandringham.

• Posted

I googled the bird. Very interesting.

It is an amazing site to see a field of wild poppies.

Great shots. :-)

• Posted

Sorry you had to go through all of this but it appears tha tin the end all will be well. Having the same surgeon is alwasy reassurring. Wishing you all the

best.

• Posted

Fingers crossed they come through this time!

Hope it all works out well.  At least now you know and trust the surgeon - slightly worrying that the previous one baulked at the idea of doing someone who they knew would need to live numerous active decades afterwards!  Sort of suggests that they were not that experienced?

Best wishes

Neil

• Posted

I'm sure all will go well on Friday. I'm in at 7.30am tomorrow for my first, I'm going to make sure that they check out the other one before I leave as it's nearly as bad now. This is what happens if they leave us waiting too long! 

You have a real talent there Ian,lovely pictures!

• Posted

More great photos, thanks Ian and I've my fingers crossed you're in tomorrow.

all the best

Juliet

• Posted

Oh Ian, fingers crossed it will be all over soon.

loved your pics, never been to Blackpool, it's on my todo list when I can walk properly.

good luck, mate

sue xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.