Ready to give up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Wife..........better off without me

Children ...........don't seem to have any time for me

other Family............lots.......but none that give a damn

Work ..............................would love to see the back of me, im sure

Prospects........................... none

SO SO Tired . . . .had enough  . . . . no real alternatives

Reasons to go on . . . . . . . ..  .. . . . . . . .. ??? cant see any  ???

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Reasons to go on .....................

Tomorrow the sun shall surely rise........

With that there shall be an opportunity .....

Don't be fooled by this illness into believing that your wife, kids, family and friends would not be utterly devestated by your death, rest assured it's an awful legacy to leave them.

Give yourself till tomorrow at least, hour by hour if you need to and keep talking, we care xxxx

• Posted

what about your kids should come first
    • Posted

i was going to end my life when i losted my girlfriend in may this year but i have a 12 year old son so i cant do it

• Posted

Hello Paul, I am pleased that you have thought about your son. Taking your own life would be a life sentence for him, I know from personal experience. How are you at the moment, are you having counselling yet?

pm if you want.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

yes i am with woodlands going next wednesday at 10.00 but still have my up's and down's and things in my head
    • Posted

That's good your getting some help. It is early days Paul, your life changed overnight, you have a son that depends on you. Focus on him and enjoy your time together.

Best wishes, keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on. Keep with the forum as people here care and will support you.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

What would you have done if he was older, with a life of his own eh?  cos mine are, and I don't seem to fit in with their lives anymore!

So many stupid thoughts I can't see clearly, but using guilt is pointless cos I am guilty of being a failure anyway. 

• Posted

Hello Deaver, Where there is life there is hope. Your children would suffer as well as your wife. I have been in this position, i lost my husband and nephew to suicide. My children and I live with it everyday, it is a life sentence for us. Have you considered counselling to talk through your feelings, it is confidential and non judgemental.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Tried it twice before but didn't really find it any help.  I'll muddle on but just can't see any positives at present.  Gonna see my doctor tomorrow will talk to him about how I am.

Thanks for the support

• Posted

Hi your wife would not be better off without you.  If she thought she would be she would have left you by now.  Has she?

Your kids would never get over it if you did end your life.  You might think they don't care but I assure you they do.   They would have pain for the rest of their lives - do you really want to inflict that on them? 

This is the depression talking and you can't believe what that tells you.

I have given you 2 very good reasons to go on.  Do you need any more?  Bev x 

• Posted

I come on here cos people understand.  If it wasn't for this I'm not sure where I'd be.  People like yourself make sense and I can't thank you guys enough.  I'm gonna see my GP and will talk things through with him.

Thanks for your support.

• Posted

Good deaver that is great and very positive.   Of course we make sense co we all know about depression and live with it.   That's the beauty of this site and others like it so we can connect with each other and give and receive help when needed.  

Am always here for you love.  Let us know how you get on.  Bev xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.