War wounds (here's mine Paula)

Posted , 16 users are following.

Paula was brave enough to post a pic of her scar this morning in my discussion. We share the same surgeon so I thought I would post mine as well.

Considering what my hip has been through I am amzed how neat and tidy it is although I wouldn't have shared on week 2 when it was yellow and purple and looked like it belonged to the Hulk.

I am also posting it for anyone who is facing this surgery to show that at just 4 weeks after surgery my scar is looking really good. I used coconut oil and bio oil and any moisturisers to hand.

Come on guys, loud and proud, get yer war wounds out!

6 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Here you are, Kate.... mine today (4 weeks 1 day) biggrin

A bit of Vitamin E cream rubbed in daily.... 

Haute couture confused

• Posted

Wow, it looks mini, and straight! I am also 4 weeks, done on 30th June.

The whole process has been fascinating to me - how can we have the top of the femur chopped off and walking on it the next day. After all that trauma we end up with these little thin scars. i have an appendix scar from 1978 that looks like a child did it!

• Posted

Yeah we were both on the same day.  I know, amazing to be walking like that ......

the lumpy bits are on the ends of the scar - trying to massage them a bit

• Posted

That's very neat but it looks quite long compared to mine which is only three inches on my buttock. goodness knows how they do what they need to through a cut that small!!
    • Posted

I think my surgeon liked a bit of room for manoever but I have decided that I don't care how long it is or what it looks like because he has taken away the gnarly bone that crippled me for 12 months. I love him.
  • Posted

Thank you for the photo. That does help me feel better. I am day 4 post op and I really did not know how long the cut would be. I was awake during my op and my surgeon said that he was pleased with his sewing up. I have seen the stitches and indeed it is a work of art. No douby mine will heal like yours. Ill get some coconut oil in ready.

Caron.

• Posted

You are welcome, Caron. I didn't know if it would be useful to someone to see a scar 4 weeks old. Paula posted hers on my discussion this morning  and it was interesting because we had the same surgeon - our scars are identical.

I bought coconut oil from Tesco pharmacy £1.88 for a small pot.

• Posted

Ooh thanks for that. I'll get some at Tesco on my travels when Im out and about. 
  • Posted

Ok...I will have a fresh one on friday, I can show you all the fresh one and the healed one after 16 weeks, both from the same surgeon..

Go CompareGoCompareGo Compare!!!!eek

• Posted

Hah, Go Compare, I like that Ian. Good luck for Friday. I have to wait til after Christmas for number 2 but I already know that it will be worth the wait - what a difference.
  • Posted

Just out of interest here is mine I think about 2 weeks (am 6 weeks now). 
    • Posted

Work those socks, Carol! Thanks for sharing, I am amzed how the bruises work their way up and down the leg. I ended up with residue on my ankle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.