agony

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi everyone,

just a wee update, didn't sleep a wink last night, had the nurse in and out, all night, pain in my groin! and down my thigh, eventually they gave me morphine !! so todat I saw the pain management team,

I can't seem to type lol everythings gone weird, so I'l be on 2moz

nite nite xxx

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lynne

Sorry to hear that.... they've got you doped up I hope.  Wish you the very best

Neil x

• Posted

Hi Lynne,

It will get better...the first few days are difficult for everyone.

All the best, big hugs

Ella 

• Posted

Hi Lynne I hope there is a TV there or you have an IPod or a book, I played a lot of chess against a PC program. and read a nice book, watched TV a lot and kept up on the painkillers, and I got up every 2 hrs to walk about in the ward at all times, just that little bit of walking was I am sure so helpful so soon after the operation, and I was laughing at the TV, on those adult shows on Dave...eek

They were pleased I did so well, and it was great on a ward not a private room.

Chat 2moz...NN Ian +++cool

• Posted

My turn tomorrow, 7.30 at hospital. See you all on the other side! X
    • Posted

Best of luck Patricia. Hoping to hear how Ur progress goes after Ur op. X
    • Posted

Unfortunately I was sent home after waiting all day. They found a touch of cystitis in my urine but it took 4hours to get the results so I had to stay all that time nil by mouth! I understand that they need to be careful but 4 hours! Another 3 weeks to wait now. I cried!
    • Posted

You poor love - I feel for you.  Keep your chin up that's all you can do and it will happen and you will get better xx
    • Posted

Aw noooo. U must be devastated. I could cry for u too. Be strong. X
    • Posted

That' s awul ... I am so sorry ... what a bummer - 

but there is a good reason , sweetheart - they are really thorough and that is good to know ...yyou don't want to end up with an infection post-op ...

thinking of you and wishing you a good and calm night

warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi Lynne

The night times are the pits - just keep asking for some pain relief - you can have the oral morphine every couple of hours.

Try and get some shut eye if you can - tomorrow is another day!

Very bes wishes Linda xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.