Anticipating sweating controls my life.

Posted , 6 users are following.

One day a few years ago, my armpits got sweaty when I was not in a situation where that would be acceptable (like it is when working out) and when I thought about it all it did was get worse and worse.

Almost every day since then, I wake up ANTICIPATING that it's going to happen, which is the trigger that causes a domino effect that causes me to start sweating immediately and doesn't stop the whole day, and then I just can't stop thinking about it and how embarrassing it is that people can see it on my shirt and smell the odor coming from me and all it does is gets worse and worse. For instance, I've been on a 9 hour car ride with a couple friends and I woke up thinking about it and I'm doing all I can do to stop sweating and stop thinkin about it (which I already know is all for nothing because it was already too late after the first thought this morning.) This is how most of my days go and and it's really starting to make me not want to be around people anymore because the stress I get everyday is unbearable. Even when I'm alone, I still start sweating if I ANTICIPATE it, NOT before. seriously just a nightmare and gets me so frustrated to know if I were mentally strong enough I just wouldn't think about it and enjoy my day.

On days that I somehow manage not to think about it, I don't sweat unless working out and these are honestly the best days of my life (not exaggerating). No sweat. No worries. No constantly having my mind think itself into believing I need to be sweating or whatever actually does.

I don't think I have hyperhidrosis because on days I DONT start to think about it by some miracle, they will minimally sweat even on the hottest days when I spend a lot of time outside in non-exercise situations, and not at all if I'm inside.

Anyone else ONLY have this problem due to anticipation alone?

And does anyone know for sure if laser sweat gland removal works perfectly? I'm tired of living the same bad dream over and over and over again everyday so this is my next plan and I don't care about how much it costs. It's absolutely worth it to know I won't spend every day of rest of my life allowing one simple thought at the beginning of the day ruin it.

A) Does laser removal guarantee no sweating for good ?

B) any advice or other methods to fix this problem before I do the laser removal? "Just simply not thinking about it" is not a solution that works for me. I try every day and maybe once a month I get lucky and don't think about it.

I'm not really interesting in taking any medicine that prevents me from sweating in general because I still need to do it when I workout and run (but I know armpit sweat glands aren't vital for the body to cool itself from sweating so id be fine without those glands.)

Thanks in advance.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, what's happening to you must be very stressful. From what you described it sounds as though you have an anxiety disorder. When people say" it's all in your head " this is nothing to scoff at or dismiss. The brain is very powerful as you well know and when it obsesses over an idea it can make life exceedingly difficult. There is a cure for this problem. You will want to consult a Dr who works with patients who have ocd. They will teach you behavior modification to help retrain your brain to not get locked into a "sweating" cycle. You may need medication for a period of time because of a chemical imbalance. But like someone who is iron deficient, the treatment is temporary and lifesaving. I know, it worked for me. So hang in there and don't put it off. Think how much better you will feel when you are done.
  • Posted

Armріt ѕwеаt hаѕ a lоt tо dо wіth thеіr appearance аnd odor. We ѕwеаt fоr twо рrіmаrу purposes: that of cooling аnd lubricating. Aѕ аrmріtѕ аrе еndоwеd wіth hаіr uроn рubеrtу, іt іѕ also widely bеlіеvеd that there’s ѕоmеthіng sexy аbоut аdult armpit ѕwеаtіng. Bеѕіdе thе normal tуре of ѕwеаt glаndѕ (ессrіnе), thеrе’ѕ аnоthеr tуре (аросrіnе) which is рrеѕеnt in оur armpit and рrіvаtе раrt аrеаѕ. Odor comes from thе wаѕtеѕ of bасtеrіа thаt feed uроn thіѕ ѕwеаt.

It’s not оnlу оkау to ѕwеаt, we must! All thоѕе lymph nodes аrоund thе аrmріt areas, we all knоw whаt саn hарреn whеn thеу overheat. Our bоdіеѕ heat uр when wе exert оurѕеlvеѕ рhуѕісаllу іn sports оr wоrk. Lіkеwіѕе when thе аmbіеnt tеmреrаturе rіѕеѕ, оur bodies will rеасt іn tаndеm. Although sweating to сооl our bodies is рurроѕеful, it іѕ іnvоluntаrу аnd еxсеѕѕіvе ѕwеаtіng is nоt unсоmmоn.

Thеrе’ѕ аlѕо undеrѕwеаtіng оf thе аrmріtѕ. It’ѕ mеdісаllу knоwn as Axіllаrу Anhіdrоѕіѕ. Between the two ailments, thіѕ іѕ by fаr more deadly. Fоrtunаtеlу, thе deficiency іѕ nоt as соmmоn аѕ іtѕ орроѕіtе numbеr, Exсеѕѕіvе Armріt Sweating. Itѕ rооt саuѕе though, іѕ also fоund іn thе Sympathetic Nervous Sуѕtеm еxсерt thаt аѕ opposed tо bеіng ‘trіggеr hарру’, thе dіѕоrdеr іѕ іn its іnаbіlіtу tо асtіvаtе sweating.

• Posted

first of all you should get a diagnosis from your doctor. It sounds to me  like you have Hyperhidrosis . It also sounds like you are looking into an extreme solution to your problem !  If you are indeed diagnosed as having Hyperhidrosis , there are other non -invasive  treatments or therapies that you should try before you let the men in white remove your sweat glands . Inform yourself about these other therapy possibilities , inform yourself about Iontophoresis therapy for example , that is the therapy that worked for me  , I had excessive sweating of the hands since childhood and after using a Iontophoresis machine , the  Idromed 5 PC, as prescribed , my hands got dry and they have stayed dry ever since .before you try an extreme solution like surgery or laser therapy give a  yourself the chance to try something non invasive like Iontophoresis.
  • Posted

I would recommend that you go to a doctor and get a diagnosis before you go and something as extreme as laser removal.once you get the diagnosis and it proves to be positive that you do have Hyperhidrosis then there are a lot of  things  that you should try that are not so extreme before you decide on something like  laser removal.I have have had HH most of my life and I had tried almost everything before I made the decision to try Iontophoresis . you should really inform yourself . Iontophoresis has worked for me . I do the treatments at home , they do not hurt and the machine that I ordered from Germany is real easy to use and there are no dangerous side effects .Get information before you do nsomething that you might regret ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.