Brain fog 24/7 poor mental clarity, visual disturbances (drunk vision, eye floaters) etc

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am a 20 year old male and have had a numerous amount of symptoms such as

-Vision, kind of a unreal dazed drunk vision, trouble focusing.

-poor mental clarity, uncontrollable deppresion and anxiety/mood swings, its like my stress levels fluctuate and i cant control how my emotions are.

-short term memory problems, i seem to forget little things quite alot.

-IBS. bloating, loose stools food intorelences.

etc;

the only time i have felt somewhat normal is if i dont eat for long periods and starve myself everything feels like it regains but not to the point where its gone and hunger sets in and i have to eat.

i have a list of symptoms but the ones mentioned is what i deal with everyday, the biggest problem is my vision its like a off balance feeling with visual disturbances.

i have had alot of blood work done with no major problems present, only thing abnormal was mild liver abnormilities. i have seen a gastro which was no help and im currently waiting to see a neurologist.

currently not on medication.

my past history i have had surgery on a deviated septum, root canal on a damaged tooth and several other dental fillings.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dylan

Have you had an actual eye test at the optician?...

Also are you eating a healthy diet and getting regular sleep...do you sleep well? perhaps try gluten free diet for your food intolerance. I would first of all make an appointment with an optician....they can sometimes pick up abnormalities with an eye test.....not just a script for glasses..although that is what you may probably need as regards your blurred vision...hope this helps.....best wishes..

• Posted

Thankyou, yeah i have seen one ive done everything. Ive got a small prescription nothing major other then that my eyes are fine apparently. rolleyes

Ive tried elimination diets went glutet free for over a month i sleep well generally 7 to 8 hours ive tried different sleeping hours still nothing.

• Posted

Hi Dylan

Have you had your thyroid checked.....and your glucose levels checked?..you say you have had blood work.....did that include thyroid function and glucose levels..if not perhaps you should get them checked...perhaps yr doc did not do those tests as you are very young....best wishes...

• Posted

Thyroid tested in last three nonths come back fine, ive sat down and done the glucose test checking levels every hour and that also come back fine. Ive had b12 levels checked which were fine.

Ive had almost every blood test done.

• Posted

Hi Dylan

How did you get a deviated septum??...I think you should wait to c the neurologist..if there is nothing forthcoming from that.....perhaps you should get your ears checked because any problems with your ears can cause imbalance.....also as regards the blurred vision the only other road to go down is to have a brain scan....wait to see what happens with neurologist...please keep me informed I would be interested in the outcome with the neuro.....hope he/she comes up with an answer for you.....best wishes....

• Posted

Hi Dylan

I was discussing your case with a friend...who seems to think that you are being referred to a neurologist because you have symptoms of a condition known as 'Myasthenia Gravis'....they include blurred vision and imbalance....please let me know the outcome of your consultation with neuro......best wishes...

• Posted

I have a relative about your age, he's 17, with very similar symptoms.

He has Lyme disease and it's associated Bartonella (sp) bacteria infection. Difficult to treat so far, but at least a confirmed diagnosis!

He too had every imaginible blood test, brain scan and eye testing prior to discovery of this tick borne illness. Good luck. I will follow this thread with interest.

• Posted

I just realized that this post was two years old. Dylan, if you are still monitoring this, did you have success in finding a "cure"? If so, please elaborate. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.