Mornings are hell

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello all

Whether I have slept or not I wake up every morning feeling drained then the anxiety kicks in about an hour later knots in my stomach etc worrying about how I'm gonna face another day then I reach for my headphones & listen to my meditation app which helps slightly. I'm not working and my children are grown up I only have myself to worry about. I read so many stories about folks on this forum who have children too look after and hold down a job whilst going through this illness I take my hat off to you all.

take care jean 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Mornings are awful just don't want to get up I try to stop in bed to make me day shorter which is so sad to besad iv a six month old baby and a 5 and 9 year old and need to be well for them but I'm poorly and just have to plod along making sure my little energy goes into them. My head is banging and I feel so sick
    • Posted

Hi rachel

god it must be so hard for you with three little ones can I ask how long have you been like this and do you find as the day goes on you get slightly better.

jean x

• Posted

I had it with my second son and recovered well. I started with this anxiety and depression in my pregnancy it started about October time. Iv been on sertraline since March and it helps as in iv been much worse but I can't see the weekly improvements it's just took this edge off. I take 150mg. My head always feeling foggy and dizzy and Iv no focus. Iv lost myself is a black fog that's how I feel and outside looks scary
    • Posted

I pray for the day I want to get up and do my day with happy times smile makes you realize how precious simple things are
    • Posted

I'm beginning to think the same with the meds they just take the edge off

im on citrolpram 10mgs been on them for 14 weeks  still early days and many people on this forum say they can take a few months to kick in so hopefully Rachel you will recover.

• Posted

My thoughts have slowed down I don't go into total panic but I'm still dizzy with stress. Like my heads going to blow. It sometimes feels like my head is searching for the anxious feeling that's it's so used to and that likes me anxious kind of anxious that I'm not as anxious if that makes sense. The brain needs to rewire. I'm doing things now but very slowly and it still takes a lot of self talk for me to get on with simple tasks eg-knowing I should change the bedding today
  • Posted

I can understand your feelings, it happened with me, morning walk and birdwatching helped me a lot. Try it.
  • Posted

I couldn't agree more, I do not how I would manage children and a partner and this debilitating illness on top.

​I also know what you mean about feeling drained whether I have slept or not, I seem to be so weary every single day, and sometimes I think it is not about sleep, but my heart that feels weary and battered. I too worry about how I am going to face another new day, the hours stretch before me like a ton weight, and though I try to keep busy, the thoughts and feelings within me are pressing in all the while,

At night I deliberately listen to my radio just to get off to sleep, to take my mind off those anxieties inside.

It is a very rough road to cope with even single and without the pressure of having to get up and go out to work.

Good to hear from you Jean, Love Karen xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.