tramadol hcl 50 mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

So they say I have Fibro, I think that is garbage and working on a diagnosis through research . I was blessed with shots of tramadol 1time a week for 3 weeks , it helped me get through a tight period of having fieldtrips that were over a mile long. I could barely stand much less walk and a mile (no way). The shots helped, still a little pain but I was able to MOVE. The RA who diagnosed me with FIBRO and gave me the Fibro meds , gave me tramadol pills. First it was 1 pill every4-6 hours as needed, then 2 every 4-6 hours as needed. This last trip to the RA , I told him that I am not taking them as I don't think they help and just ruining my liver and kidneys . RA said , "TAKE TWO EVERY4-5 hours, donot go past 5 hours." "They are not addictive nor will they damage your kidneys and liver." GUESS What , I am not taking something that doesn't work , that is a big problem in this world. Doctors need to listen to their paitents, what am I going to do with 240 pills every30 days with refil after refill, um nothing they will just sit and collect dust, and I will NOT REFILL them. RIDICULOUS

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's good you're NOT taking them! Number one: you say there's no point and number two: They are another form of Morphine which is something you really don't want to become addicted to (can't believe your RA said they are NOT addidctive!?!?!)

Personally, I'd get a second opinon! Your RA sounds rubbish!

Good luck! x

• Posted

It's really sad, as I have had rheumtoid arthritis in both knees since I was 12, a few months after my hysterectomy I had some back issues went to a covient care, they took xrays and said, you have the start of arthritis in your lower back. I go to the RA a year later and he does no test but the trigger thing and says you have fibro.
    • Posted

I do a lot of mind over matter and breathing techniques. The only thing is it does tire me out faster I think.
  • Posted

Tramadol is not a true opiate, it is a systhethic drug with opioid properties. When it was introduced it was claimed to have a very low potential for addiction. That was it's main selling point. (Yes, drugs are "pushed" to medical providers. It is a market, after all.) It has since been discovered that does have a high potential for addiction. But the Pharma Reps are not quick to mention that to medical providers. Your RA needs to update his/her information. The information is there, if one looks for it.
  • Posted

Hi diagnosisisalie,

Tramadol is an addictive drug, I take it myself, but only because it was stated as a must with Paracetamol, I take 2 x Tramadol 100mg SR a day - one at night and in the morning. Because they are SR - I do not need to take anymore. And I wouldn't, because I have seen what they can do.

There was a guy on here a few weeks ago, he took 8 x 200mg before bedtime, that is totally over the top. And you cannot just stop taking Tramadol without side-effects.

Tramadol is normally prescribed for back or shoulder pain, surely he should have given you something like Gabapentin. I would ask for a second opinion not from that doctor either.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

I was on Gabapentin for less thana day, I took 2 and it had me in a daze for 3 days. I was still in pain , and I guessI went NUTS threatening leaving my hubby all kids of stuff. That's when I was put on Lyrca , makes me tired but so much better than the Gabapentin. The Tramadol is a joke for me, I have stopped it. I refuse to kill my kidneys and liver. I have kids and although the are almost adults they don't need that drama of me taking something that doen't work with sideeffects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.