Help with withdrawing from Venlafaxine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Almost 3 weeks on 75mg from 150mgs and tonight I'm feeling very agitated and feel in need of something to calm me down and help me relax! Any suggestions please!   I went to bed feeling exhausted last night and was still tossing and turning 3 hours later, I really don't want this to happen again tonight! :-((( 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, problem we all feel so vastly different from increases and coming off Venlafaxine. Like shoes not one size fits all, and like some days  same shoes from yesterdaydo not fit today.  I am at the 225 mg level and will be the rest of my life I guess. You dropped in half the amount... good luck.. stay in touch with pill pusher..youhave to let them know how you feel.

• Posted

Go to the doctors and ask for 2mg of diazepam to take the edge off. Beware tho as they're addictive! Use for bad days!
    • Posted

Thanks Helen but I'll give them a miss as I was addicted to them 20 years ago and that's why I was put on Effexor to substitute! :-(
  • Posted

Hi,

i was on 150mg for 2 years before being told I had to come off because I was on it too long. I suffered brain zaps, anxiety, insomnia to the degree of no sleep in 2 days and then only short fiitful naps. I found out from being on this forum that Benadryl with Acrivastine helps with the withdrawals. I tried taking one 3 times a day and have never looked back. It helped me get the sleep I desperately needed and all but stopped the brain zaps and anxiety. The reason for the effectiveness of this seemingly harmless antihistamine is that it comes from the family of amphetamines, but I had no adverse affects from Benadryl and stayed on them for 2 months before reducing the dose. I had no withdrawals from Benadryl and was so grateful to this forum as I was contemplating suicide because I didn't understand what was going on and my doctor didn't inform me of the seriousness of the withdrawals. I hope this helps you as much as it did me. 

Take care.

• Posted

I am 4 weeks off it this week and found Xanax helped when side effects got very severe. Also fish oils, vitamin b, a multi vitamin and have been doing some reiki sessions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.