very sore back and op leg.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Im now just over 12 weeks post op and Im clearly NOT adapting to the leg length discrepancy. My right knee is constantly subluxing, something it hasnt done since it was realigned 13 years ago, and my back is now screaming. I cant even stand without crying. the pain is in my lower back and pelvis with pain running down my right leg, so there is clearly some sciatic involvement. im not seeing the consultant again until september so i dont really know what to do. i could honestly cry right now. even sitting still is painful

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen

I am really sorry you are in so much pain. I understand what you mean when things can be so painful. If I were you I really would not wait till your appointment. I would phone your surgeons secretary and ask to go in as soon as you can. If that can not happen. phone the ward where you were staying and explain what is going on. They will help you. It doesn't matter because you are still in the early stages of healing so phone them if no one else. I hope you get the help you obviously need x

• Posted

I would phone your consultant or your gp and get some help I certainly wouldn't wait until September xx Hope your feeling better soon xx
  • Posted

Like Gill says - I would straight away contact the consultant's office as the first step - this really doesn't sound great at all and there's no way that you should have to wait until Sept to get some feedback/attention.  Don't suffer on your own! Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Hi Helen,

I agree with the others, you need to contact your surgeon's rooms and let them know what is going on.

Hope you feel better soon

Gaylene

xx

• Posted

Oh my Helen your sure having a tiff time sorry.

Did the physio day to put a lift in your show to even up the leg length? Sending hugs to uxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Helen,

Don't wait until September, that's far too long to wait and you might do more harm than good by being patient.

As a temporary measure, could you ring your gp and ask for some pain relief, at least to tide you over the weekend?

I do hope things are sorted very soon .

All the best.

Anna x

• Posted

I agree with everyone else you need to be seen sooner than September. Also.....can your physio help with posture, exercises etc? 

💌🌈💌🌈

• Posted

Dear Helen, 

That is terrible and I am so sorry you are in such pain ... I went through the same kind of pain around 10 weeks post-op - I couldn't sit or stand, lie down or even pick something up from the table - My GP doubled the pain meds and my physical therapist massaged my lower back - and that helped after the 3d massage - 

so please, don't wait until September .... you will only make it worse by being so stressed out ... 

Did you do anything different right before you got this back ache? 

take care of it Helen, and be gentle with your self 

warm hug 

• Posted

I agree with the others on here. You need to get help now. Pain will really wear you down and not knowing why you have the pain is most distressing for you. Bless you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.