hair loss as a side effect???

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have read that hair loss can be a side effect! Anyone here had that problem ? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've taken Amitriptyline for about 10 years now but it's only in the last year I've noticed my hair falling out. Whether or not that's to do with the medication I don't know because it seems strange that it's only just happened.
  • Posted

Ive been taking Amitriptyline for just over 6 years and i dont have any hair loss i think it varies from person to person.
  • Posted

I don’t take amitriptyline but I take another drug where hair loss can occur. My Dr said I wasn’t on a high enough dose to worry about it but I could go to the vit section and buy biotin lozenges. If anything, its improved my finger nails.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.