Wearing of Brain

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi to all.

A while back I had a MRI scan on my brain, (Yes I do have onecheesygrin), and my neck.

The scan came back that my third vert' in my neck was quite worn,

(which was why I was getting bad headaches),

but also my brain was showing wear and tear !!!!

Has, or does, anyone know exactly what this means.

Best regards to everyone

Kev

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You don't say how old you are. Surely they sent you a letter with your results or you asked your GP to explain what he had been sent.

My recent one said, no evidence of space occupying lesion or acute infraction. Some degree of cerebral cortical atrophy with small vessel diseae. That is normal for being 80 as from middle age all brains start to shink. I had no evidence of changes that would indicate dementia or Alzheimer's.

It did not find a reason for my headaches or foot numbness so I now need a spinal MRI.

Wear and tear is presumably normal ageing and we can't hold back the tide.

• Posted

Hi Derek

Thanks for reading my little note.

I am 50.

All I can say is that a letter was sent to my doctor and thesio'. The thesio' would not do anything to my neck because the letter did not say exactly what was needed for the thesio' to be able to work on my neck. He felt that with what he had been told by the letter, was rediculous and dangerous to do any thesio', as it said basically nothing.

I went to my doctor and told her what happened. She has written to the consultant, but as from the date of this reply, (9th Aug), NOTHING !!!

The same with the so called 'Wear and Tear' on my brain, absolutely nothing.

Good ole' NHS for you. The hospital I had to go too has not got a good reputation, and unfortunately, it was the only hospital within 30 miles radius of where I live that as got an MRI department.

Though its not the MRI thats the problem but the consultants that run it.

Oh well.

Hope you are fine and once again, thanks for your time.

Kev

• Posted

Does your hospital run it's own MRI scanner. My local hospital can't afford to and a private company InHealth do it and also have a mobile unit they can bring in. So all results go somewhere to be interpreted and the results sent back.  

I would phome the hospital to ask who you can speak to get a proper diagnosis. Another option would be to phome PALS ( Patient advice and liaison services at the hospital to ask questions on your behalf assuming that you can get round the computer confidentiality rules.

There is a PALS office at all hospitals. NHS choices site can give pjone mumber etc.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service, known as PALS, has been introduced to ensure that the NHS listens to patients, their relatives, carers and friends, and answers their questions and resolves their concerns as quickly as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.