Hemaplegic Migraine and driving

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just wanted to ask, has anybody been told to stop driviing because of this condition?

I get a warning that its coming on, but obviously when an attack happens I cant drive at all.

I have just been released from hospital folling another episode and my car is still at work, I cant drive it yet, but as soon as I am fit and well again will do.

So interested to read your thoughts, please

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am not allowed to drive, have not been allowed for 9 months and until they get mine under control I can't as I lose consciousness without any warning.

I am currently on 1600mg Epilim but have not gone longer than 4 weeks without a blackout.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.