I dont know how to get rid of eczema on my face

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi my name is kayla and I am 14 years old.I've had eczema all of my life.I've had it on my legs,arms and back.When I was about 8 years old I developed it on my face.When I would run out of the cream I use for my eczema my face would flare up and get itchy and it would burn.The sun would make it worse to where I cant go outside.I've been using it ever since and I am tired of my face flaring up when I run out of cream.I just dont know what to do about my face and I need some help on how to manage my fare ups without putting steroids on my face all the time. Can someone please help me.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Kayla!  Hugs to you, Sweetie - that's awful! My son is 7 and has eczema everywhere but his face. I'll bet that's even worse!  

The odd thing to me is that when my boys were babies they would get patches on their cheeks and the dr. cautioned not to use the creams more than a few days and only if really necessary. I wonder why your doctor keeps prescribing this for your face with no other treatment?

We've always been careful with detergents, fragrance, etc. and my older son outgrew his eczema but my younger one still suffers. He has food allergies, but eliminating those triggers didn't help. He has Coeliac Disease but that diet didn't help his eczema (completely helped all the CD problems, though!!). I wish I knew what to tell you - one thing that's helped a bit is doing bleach baths, but that doesn't sound good for a face. 

Maybe you can try another dermatologist?  Maybe an allergist? There's a medication being tested now for eczema treatment, and it's one used on patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. There's a theory that eczema is auto immune, so maybe there's some condition behind your flare-ups?  I wish you the best of luck, Kayla!

• Posted

Manuka Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar

I am 49 years old and have had perfect skin all of my life. Last week, I developed a pretty bad case of perioral dermatitis.  I had scaly bumps and a ring all around my nose and mouth and it was spreading upward.  Scary.  I went to a vegan grocery store and purchased Medical Grade Manuka Honey Throat and Chest Syrup by the company Manuka Guard.  The cough syrup contains a blend of Apple Cider Vinegar, Manuka Honey, and other ingredients.  Within minutes, I could feel all the scabby, flakes coming off my skin.  It was amazing!  I have treated my face for 3 nights with this, and the dermatitis is almost completely gone.  It dries enough that I sleep in it.  Yesterday, I purchased a jar of pure Manuka Honey. I am doing 2 hour treatments in the evening. You may need to order the Manuka Guard Throat and Chest Syrup.  it was about $17.00 at my local vegan store, but it is well worth the price.  Amazing.  I hope this helps you, too.

• Posted

Your symptoms sound like you are suffering from the initial stages of Topical Steroid Withdrawal (TSW), also known as Burning Red Skin Syndrome and Topical Steroid Addiction (TSA). Search these terms on Google. Search ITSAN on Google and Facebook... you are not alone. Essentially your skin is addicted to the steroid that you are using, when you stop using it your skin reacts, so you put more on feeding the addiction. The withdrawal is difficult, you will need a good support network ( parents, doctors etc). I used TS for 35+ years!! Feel free to pm me. Simon
    • Posted

I've recently went to the clinic twice and both nurses said that it was not eczema it was acne.Here is my thing I am really confused, because I've been having flare ups on my face since 8 years old and then now I recently ran out of cream and my face flares up and I guess now is acne I dont know.Is it possible to have acne as young as 8 years old?I've been using neutrogena face wash, because thats what the nurse said to use and it was working for the first week or so.When I put it on it burns and makes my face really dry and white.Recently it haven't been working so well,I have acne bumps on my forehead that wasn't there before.So I'm going to the dermatologist next friday so hopefully she will answer my questions.
  • Posted

Get your doctor to refer you to dermatologist as for sun stay out in very hot days I'm the same I don't like the sun makes mine sore so I got out when cooler try cotton lot cooler but dermatologist will be able to help you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.