Severe pain after Appendix removed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have severe pain after my appendix removed and after a year I have inflamatory pain while I have to eat any tin food then if I drink atleast 2 glass of water then can be normal and if I do sex with my husband then become so much pain within few seconds before finish the sex intercourse and the inflamatory pain remains may be half an hour or more which cannot bear that pain during that time. What is the possible cause of this pain? Sometimes I use my tight jeans then the waist line is tight on the operated location then also later after half an hour or one hour it become again so much inflamatory pain inside and cannot bear that pain. Can you please tell me what is the possible cause of this pain and is it required to consult any doctor in this regard? If I have to consult a doctor in this regard then can I suppose to consult a gynacologist to check or any other suggestion please? I don't like to consult any male doctors.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would go and get checked by a female GP to find out what is happening, when you phone your surgery ask for a female doctor they have to abide by your wishes.

good luck

• Posted

l think youve put up with the pain for a long time, a year, and need to find out whats causing it, could be a few things causing inflammation, do you have any bladder problems with it, like frequency or pain in passing, or could be a problem left from the cut or infection, You need to see your doc, most have female drs, l sometimes ask for female doc,  
    • Posted

Yes I feel the pain of inflammation from inside of the cut area which is seems outside is cure but is it possible inside infection? So is it consult with a doctor in this regard for me? If I leave it does have any problem in future? If I become pregnant then have any problem if there is any infection inside? Please expecting your favourable reply soon.
    • Posted

It sounds as if something isnt right in area, but if infected you,d normallyu expect to be ill with temprature, but you can get inflammation that can cause severe pain and feeling off it without infection, though inflammation can make you more vunerable to infection on site. l was left with inflammation of the bladder following op csection, infection, suffered pain and poor health for many years before diagnosis made, whether it caused any long term damage l,m not sure, but it was a lot of time wasted with pain and poor health and affect on lifestyle partner, including same as you, painful sex. l resented and regretted l didnt have net for info and advice or pushed gps to find cause of problems much sooner, as once diagnosis and meds it did improve by 90percent.

l dont know if it will affect you in future or when pregnant, but just having frequent pain is enough for you to need to see a doctor, l,m sure the surgeon who did your op would want to know about probs your having, 

so they can have a chance to improve it. You really need to be seen by doctor.  Best wishes.

• Posted

I would ask your doctor for a scan over the painful area. If you become pregnant the pressure will increase and the pain will be worse. It could even be that the surgeon acidently left something inside you, like some wadding or did something which affected your gall baldder or stomach.. Have you tried lanprozole capsules before eating, or similar to see it helps to cut down acid? Stomach acid can be set off / made higher by intercourse. Loose clothing - does that help stop the pain?

Good luck for getting this issue sorted out

• Posted

PS I think if there is infection in your appendix it would have reached a critical point a long time ago and you have been rushed into hospital by now......because your pain hasnt become worse, its more likely to be a nerve pain issue where the surgeon cut it out.......well thats just my opinion!
    • Posted

l think what you say is interesting, as l, like many think, dont often think about the affect of nerve pain, even if its following surgery, l,d never heard of that, grow up thinking about `nerves` as in `it gets on my nerves` as a phycalogical thing, re she,s bad with her nerves.  Much later l did learn about trapped nerves and learnt it was a physical thing also. On getting ic learnt about central nervous system and perpheral nerves, due to bladder having nervous system running through it, as with most of the body.  l think l was left with damaged nerves following surgery and infection, l knew ld been left with adesions. But would a surgeon or gp tell you if youd been left with nerve damage after an op

later l got chocylitus and had gall bladder removed, and now take omprazole for inflammation and do need to wear loose clothing, couldnt bare tight fitting jeans. Anyway thought it interesting and worth acknowledging nerve pain problems.  See your doc  Dove.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.