Preaching to the converted but please advise?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, is there any one out there who can help?  I have ibs c, which worsens under stress, I now need help more than ever as I may hear I have the chance of ivf for infertility next week, even my doctor is trying to put me off by saying I'd be better off not doing this.  Why?  As I get stressed - I want this more than ever to work for me and my husband who are aged 42 and 41 respectively, HOW do I ease the stress so that the drugs for ivf work and give me the hope I've battled for for over 2 years?  I really would like the pram, pushchair, sleepless nights, nappies etc, but I'd like to know stress relief that WORKS.  THANKS I know this group will help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you considered hypnotherapy? Obviously you don't want to take pills because of the ivf. Hypnotherapy may just help. Good luck, especially with the ivf. :D x
    • Posted

how do I access that?  Where do I start would my doctor know?
    • Posted

You could ask your doctor to recommend someone or you could look up the register of hypnotherapists. Are you in the UK???
    • Posted

If so you could Google The General Hypnotherapists Standard Council (GHSC) or the National Council of Hypnotherapists (NCH) or British Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists (BSCH). I have a friend who has hypnotherapy for IBS and anxiety, she says it is working for her.
    • Posted

You can try yoga massage therapy exercise

Meditation.

Vivian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.