How To Know If I'm Suffering From Serotonin Syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, I'm currently shaky, sweaty, heart is racing, feeling hot and cold and I am feeling nausea and don't know if it is a drug interaction with my sumatriptan and fluvoxamine. Thank you :-)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure, but if you're uncertain then it's best to seek medical help.  Best to be sure than not do anything.  Not sure which country you're in, but if in the UK then either ring the NHS helpline or go to your local Minor Injuries unit.

You can Google the interactions too.  But if not feeling well then speak to so eone.

K x

• Posted

Best people to ask are pharmacists, you can ring your local one, they are the most qualified in drug interactions,

best wishes

• Posted

Exactly! I also think this will work best so far.
  • Posted

How are you doing now? Some of those symptoms could be Serotonin Syndrome however they also cover a lot of other things incluing flu and migraine. As always, if you are worried then speak to a medical professional and see what they say. If it is in open hours asking the pharmacist about interactions is your best bet, but if you are seriously worried then go to your GP our out of hours doctor.

I hope you have things sorted by now anyway. xxx

• Posted

Sumatriptan is used for migraines. Problem is a majority of people do not realise migraine can be triggered by allergies to histamine food groups; and unfortunately Sumatriptan is histamine based, so it retriggers the migraine you were trying to treat. Which puts you into a vicious cycle of allergy migraine/migraine. One went through food and allergy testing. Better of using antihitamines and paracetamol. Ask a Pharmacist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.