Treatment options for diabetic foot ulcer

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mother developed diabetic foot ulcer on the heel of her foot couple of months ago. she had a surgery last month in which surgeon did debridement of her wound but since then its not healing. She also has marked stenosis in the peripheral arteries and according to color doppler study approximately 80-85% stenosis is present in superficial femoral arteries at the mid thigh level. What could be the treatment options for her to save her from limb loss. Also wound culture result shows the presence of E Coli.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is worrying to give you this advice as I am not medically trained but I have experience of using Manuka Honey to heal wounds and have been astounded by the results.  This is a medically approved treatment for woundsand also I believe ulcers and my GP admitted that it has sound reasons for working as honey has antibacterial properties and anticeptic ones too.  If you research this it may help you.  Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for your help. We are definitely going to try it.
    • Posted

Keep us informed if this helps as it may help others as well.  Hope all goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.